My Next Build? That's what I'm thinkin'!

GoldenMotor.com

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I was looking for the red clutch/jack shaft plate you have in the picture.
I got a tork coverter drive but the spocket is inside behind the clutch and I want to move it to the back side of the plate to line up with the rear sprocket so I dont need one more jack shaft to transfer the chain.I looked at the site but didnt find it unless you purchased the hole assembly with the clutch and all.All I need is the plate but could I modify the one that has chain sprockets on it to work.
I have a full machine shop at work and could mill the back side down(sticks out to far to line up ) on the one I have and transfer the sprocket to the back if I have to but would be nice to find just the plate.

I have a GC160 honda OHC ($57 ebay)that I shoe horned into a heavy huffy,what can I do to tweek this out?You have raced and tweeked 4 strokes for a wile,any suggestions?
.duh.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I bought that torque converter complete and then fabbed a jackshaft for the alignment. I don't think you can buy just the plate from what I understand, but AGK has a similar plate for sale.....check here: affordablegokarts: CLUTCHES & JACKSHAFTS

As far as tweeking the engine out, mill the head for higher compression, heavier valve springs, a higher performance cam, exhaust and larger carb. I've gotten all I need for now from AGK.

dnut

I was looking for the red clutch/jack shaft plate you have in the picture.
I got a tork coverter drive but the spocket is inside behind the clutch and I want to move it to the back side of the plate to line up with the rear sprocket so I dont need one more jack shaft to transfer the chain.I looked at the site but didnt find it unless you purchased the hole assembly with the clutch and all.All I need is the plate but could I modify the one that has chain sprockets on it to work.
I have a full machine shop at work and could mill the back side down(sticks out to far to line up ) on the one I have and transfer the sprocket to the back if I have to but would be nice to find just the plate.

I have a GC160 honda OHC ($57 ebay)that I shoe horned into a heavy huffy,what can I do to tweek this out?You have raced and tweeked 4 strokes for a wile,any suggestions?
.duh.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Scotto- I spent a lot of time over at this website- http://karting.4cycle.com/ learning about the clone motors.
When you increase the rev potential, especially with hd valve springs- your flywheel becomes a safety concern. There is a billet wheel which eliminates the potential of wreckage.
Check to make sure the screws on the coil are tight also, so it can't drop down and catch the magnet (creating a bomb).
My 2 cents- if you don't use the billet wheel- put stock valve springs back in.

I have a predator 212 and am very unhappy with the vibes past fast idle.
I just ordered a 196cc engine from Dover power with the hope is is not the shaker that the big predator is.
I wish you well.

P.S.- I opened the main jet to about 33 thousandths and works well with a muffler system similar to yours.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks for the input professor, I've got the lightest billet flywheel known to mankind and I love this shaker so far........

I've done my homework and turned the stock 5.5lb. cast iron flywheel into an ashtray for the smoking impaired :D

dnut

Scotto- I spent a lot of time over at this website- http://karting.4cycle.com/ learning about the clone motors.
When you increase the rev potential, especially with hd valve springs- your flywheel becomes a safety concern. There is a billet wheel which eliminates the potential of wreckage.
Check to make sure the screws on the coil are tight also, so it can't drop down and catch the magnet (creating a bomb).
My 2 cents- if you don't use the billet wheel- put stock valve springs back in.

I have a predator 212 and am very unhappy with the vibes past fast idle.
I just ordered a 196cc engine from Dover power with the hope is is not the shaker that the big predator is.
I wish you well.

P.S.- I opened the main jet to about 33 thousandths and works well with a muffler system similar to yours.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
This build is nearly finished and man is it looking sweet! The gas tank is finished and installed, HD rear wheel is finished with tire mounted and needs to be installed and finishing the front wheel by this week-end.

This is going to be a major threat on the race track in it's class......trust me ;)

dnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Update.......nearly finished and ready to race.......

performance and looks.....I love this bike!
Fantastic build scotto- !
You have really raised the bar on the 11hp race class and your
bike will make for some exciting racing at Grange on Sat Oct 22nd.

Who knows, I might throw all the fast eBike and gas bike finishers in
with the Unlimited Class of over 12 hp if it will add to the fun :D
There is at least one very fast Moped racer coming.

Don't forget that scotto is also racing in the 50 cc 4 stroke class
which has some very cool builds coming.
You can build a 50 cc 4 stroke for not very much money and even
with motor mods everyone in the class will still be on a pretty even
footing.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Neil, it was mainly because you can't always get what ya want! I ended up with a 212cc race bike, when all I wanted was to build the 99cc Predator into a racer. Sucks to live in Cali I guess? Funny thing is I can go buy the same HF 99cc Predator motor attached to a waterpump right now......it's not CARB compliant, same as the 99cc sold out of state.....go figure?!?

Another note of interest is my 49cc race bike cost about the same as the 212cc Slant race bike.....once again, go figure? Which one is faster? Who cares? Both were pretty cheap to build if ya don't count the labor involved. You don't have to be rich to own a really radical motorized bicycle....ya just have to know how and have the tools.

Fantastic build scotto- !
You have really raised the bar on the 11hp race class and your
bike will make for some exciting racing at Grange on Sat Oct 22nd.

Who knows, I might throw all the fast eBike and gas bike finishers in
with the Unlimited Class of over 12 hp if it will add to the fun :D
There is at least one very fast Moped racer coming.

Don't forget that scotto is also racing in the 50 cc 4 stroke class
which has some very cool builds coming.
You can build a 50 cc 4 stroke for not very much money and even
with motor mods everyone in the class will still be on a pretty even
footing.