My Moon doggy

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Well heres my Moon Doggie..stripped the fenders shorten cables dual pull brake lever. Having a heck of a time getting the chain to stop popping. Also heres a little picture of my next project in process. Its an old schwinn 27 inch. Got the heavy gauge rims on, sized up the motor. THis bike has the front crank that freewheels so you know what that means. Jackshaft? I think so.

Attachments

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
That Moon doggy makes a great looking bike. I like that old Schwinn too. I bet it'll be a bad boy with that jackshaft. I've been thinking about on my next one putting the motor upside down and running it backwards with one of them freewheeling cranks. That would really freak the local police out. "No officer I'm not running the engine see I've got it on upside down".:D:D

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Hey Geo, yes I got it solved after a trip to the hardware store a tap and die and a little luck yep all better now. Did lose the chain yesterday after my ten time trying to get it to set. I ditched that cheap bike chain and went to a heavy duty one. I think I need to file the tips down a bit on the drive gear on the motor think its my chain problems.
The tank is one I bought from Dax's web site still havent found a bike that it fits without crowding things I had a project which is starting to come close together now with the schwinn that I was trying to make a kinda close replica to this bike.

Attachments

Last edited:

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Well after ripping the fenders off cause it sounded like a tin can full of bolts it took a whole new look to it. I think what I need to do now is add a woody panel under the tank to fill in that dang big hole and a pull behind trailer to put my surf board on....oh dang it I keep forgetting Im in Indiana...just have to put wooden side boards on it and make it a grocery hauler.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Nice Moondoggy ! I sold mine. I went to WalMart and they only had the new style and none of the low sitting Moondogs.

They still show them online.

I bought a new orange one. Moondog #3

Thanks, motorbiker (c)