My latest build

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Custom made handle bars with a 30-in spread.

Schwinn Triple Tree forks.

Schwinn beach cruiser frame.

18 inch back rim 26 inch bianci road front rim.

China Doll motor that will be ported and Polished.

Niome flex exaust.

Generic front disc brakes.

Red white and blue paint job.

I'm just waiting for the exhaust and motor to be delivered. Will update the project when I get the parts installed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The first problems that I think you're going to run into are that the clutch & throttle cables will probably be too short!
You can use a long bicycle brake cable for your clutch, but the throttle cable will have to be hand made.

The next problem will be that the bike will only go about 10-15 MPH with that small rear wheel... You're going to have to get a extremely small rear sprocket just to get 20 MPH out of it. (The standard 44t sprocket on a 26" wheel will go about 35 MPH).

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
I find it strange that the bigger the gear the more torque but the opposite with the wheel.

Thats what car and driver reported on a test they ran with the same car but different size wheels. I will try and find the article again and post a link. The smaller wheel got going faster with less torque than the big wheel and vice versa. I wonder if it has something to do with the size of the drive sprocket offsetting the size of the wheel.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Sidewinder speed formula:

(RPM × Wheel Diameter x π)÷(1056 x Total Reduction) = MPH

(7,000×18×π)÷(1,056×4.1×(36
÷10)=25.3962820759

At 6000 rpm you're only looking at 21.8 mph. Your setup means you'll need a huge amount of engine performance just to get moderate speed. Hey, that's ok; many of us prefer to stay under 30 mph on level ground. You'd need 8269 rpm to do 30 mph. Have fun with it.
:ride:

Last edited:

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
You have just been promoted to rank of science officer. Thank you.

Until I can get the hang of using ape hangers ( no pun intended) it goes fast enough for me I don't need to break no speed limits.

I'm always lecturing all the other guys in the neighborhood about being responsible and not speeding around so it would not look good for me to go zipping around on my Frankenstein bike.

I did add two features to it or one and one coming up let me show you.

My friend came across a scavenge pile that happened to have some scooter parts in it and I grabbed them from him and I made running lights and I want to make a gas tank cover possibly incorporate that into my idea of an inframe bladder or gas fuel cell. Idk.

It needs to be dropped down a little bit as far as lower on the frame but what do you think of the shape of it overall guys?

And my buddy "Ricky bobby" Burns is going to bring me a peanut tank off of a 1970 Harley-Davidson that he says should fit over the top of my frame.

Attachments

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
You have just been promoted to rank of science officer. Thank you.

Until I can get the hang of using ape hangers ( no pun intended) it goes fast enough for me I don't need to break no speed limits.

I'm always lecturing all the other guys in the neighborhood about being responsible and not speeding around so it would not look good for me to go zipping around on my Frankenstein bike.

I did add two features to it or one and one coming up let me show you.

My friend came across a scavenge pile that happened to have some scooter parts in it and I grabbed them from him and I made running lights and I want to make a gas tank cover possibly incorporate that into my idea of an inframe bladder or gas fuel cell. Idk.

It needs to be dropped down a little bit as far as lower on the frame but what do you think of the shape of it overall guys?

And my buddy "Ricky bobby" Burns is going to bring me a peanut tank off of a 1970 Harley-Davidson that he says should fit over the top of my frame.
I'm constantly getting on videoers about filming poor cycling habits they've carried over into the motorized bicycle world. For example STOP signs and Red Lights mean to come to a complete stop not yield to them.

.duh.

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil