My First Motorbike Project

GoldenMotor.com

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
How did you manage to use a bicycle sized chain? I can't figure that one out because I can't find any bicycle sized sprockets that will fit the gear box.

You must be going fast with a 14.4:1 gear ratio.
Is your gearbox a 3:1 ratio?
What size are your wheels?

What's your max speed?

Last edited:

MRJOHN

Oct 31, 2009
usa
How did you manage to use a bicycle sized chain? I can't figure that one out because I can't find any bicycle sized sprockets that will fit the gear box.

You must be going fast with a 14.4:1 gear ratio.
Is your gearbox a 3:1 ratio?
What size are your wheels?

What's your max speed?
wheels 26, 35mph

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Only 35?

Lowracer is using a 15.6:1 RATIO and gets up to 50mph hmmm.

By the way where did you get the 10 tooth front sprocket?

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Yeah the sprocket is flat so you welded it so it does not wobble around right?
I am curious why your speed is only 35mph did you test with a gps?

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Oh ok, that might show incorrect speed lol. Maybe you are going way faster, so be careful.

How do you like your acceleration?

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Nice to know lol. I wish I could weld cuz I got to figure out my own way of mounting it now. What exhaust pipe are you using?

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Gera,
The inside of my spark plug wire was white (I'm fairly sure). Both the ends are identical. I wanted identical since I use the other one for my 2nd PB engine. Here are some pics of what I did to one of my expansion chambers to make it work after the flex pipe started to leak.
-Lowracer-

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
eBay pipe...I didnt weld...Drilled one small hole thru it all & a bolt, two washers, & a nut ...some gasket sealer between it all.
-Lowracer-

Last edited:

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Oh ok lowracer. When I turn the fly wheel by my hand and ground the spark plug by having it's threads touch the casing I see no spark.
Is turning it by hand too slow?

Can you check your spark with the pull start? Are you getting a spark EVERY time?

I didn't ask you about exhaust lowracer, but MrJohn. It might be the reason he is only achieving 35mph if he has a stock pipe type.
Thanks.

Last edited:

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Low racer do you have a multi meter? If so I would be glad to hear what your multi meter reads on the ignition coil. Thanks.