My first (and DEF. Not the last ) build.

GoldenMotor.com

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
Riding up highway 101 at sunset
I know there are fancier and better looking bikes but much like my woman, I can say she is mine.

I started with the 26 in. specialized hard rock freebie from my buddy Stick and added an 80 cc Anbull kit. Which came with clear ports BUT also came with cylinder full of metal shavings from deburing the sparkplug orifice. Glad I looked!!! (Photo 1.

I added a niome:confused: flex exaust with the custom swing arm for easy of swing away access.

I used a rubber mounting gromet from in an espresso maker to suspend my mount flange on the tail pipe of the muffler to keep from snapping it off. And an old soup can to securely mount it out of the way.(Photo 2)

After market case mounted spring tensioner with the stock tensioner and one modified from a belt tensioner out of an old dryer, also swapping the springs STRICTLY for guides. The chain only touches them when the chain starts to buck or back lash. (Photo 3)

Front wheel is H.D. dual walled generic rim fitted with tektro mira 160 mm brake with ceramic pads.( Photo4)

Redundant front lights which are battery and magneto driven powered with front and back stoplightw\synchronized turn signals and wheel reflectors. (Photo5.)

Shout out to using electrical conduit straps for everything from my front caliper, muffler wear shield, light and reflector mounts and swing arm exaust system.

I'm hooked. Lmao!

Any questions or anything feel free to add your knowledge!

Attachments

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
It was surprisingly clean as far as the motor casting goes. It fires up first try and seems to be holding up quite well. Im almost through my break in and so far so good. I suggest buying it through someone who offers an extended warrenty like amazon. I got a four year no questions asked warrenty for 20 bucks so I am running it through its paces.

I will definitely be up dating my posts on condition and experience.

Reactions: fasteddy

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
Nice bike! So is there anything special about the Hard Rock bicycles? I picked one up at Goodwill, and the worker seemed REALLY disappointed that I got it before he could purchase it at the end of the day. (I guess that rule keeps them from siphoning off all of the good stuff before putting it out in the store). It looks exactly like yours except mine is blue.

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
Thanks brother! The thing I liked about the hard rock frame is that there is plenty of room to install the motor and most add on parts like the spring tensioner and the tail pipe. I did have to grind down the head of the bolts on the spring tensioner and shave some off the back side of the crank arm to keep it from rubbing but everything else fits nicely in frame.

Remember to grease pack everything as the bike being older needs a new gob o grease. And remember that bicycles were not really meant to be ridden at 35 mph for long periods and always give your bike the once over before each ride. Carb intake, exaust, head bolts case cover bolts and motor mount bolts. I usually check them after 30 min ride time just to be safe.