My daily

GoldenMotor.com

Gabe

Jan 15, 2020
I have a old Schwinn style crusier with a BBR 80 on it with a pipe and race carb on it with a 36T sprocket couldn’t ask for a better bike in the summer I drive 60 miles a day round trip to my side job I took the motorbike one day in June just to see if it could do it and it did so I drove the rest of the week then I took it again and after that i fell in love with driving it there it gets 60 mpg so it’s really easy on the pocket and it’s only like 10 minutes longer then taking a car because of traffic so I drove that 30 miles one way everyday for 4 months without an issue just had to do basic maintenance and check all the nuts and bolts after every 100 miles but I have gone thru 3 sets of tires and never had a mechanical issue aslong as I take good care of it !

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I'm going to assume you worked 5 days a week. Would it be safe to assume you drove a cage on days it rained? Also would it be safe to assume you used your bike 75% of those trips?

This means a total of 3900 miles was drove. Going through 3 sets of tires means you were averaging 1300 miles per set. You may want to invest in higher quality tires. If you only rode once in a while cheapo tires are ok. If you're going to be riding a lot you'll spend more replacing cheap tires than just buying a good quality set. The same is true with brake pads.

Reactions: indian22