My bike takes off when started

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Tighten the clutch cable, assuming you have a china girl.
-if you have an automatic clutch, lower your idle rpm.

Pablodmoet

Jul 26, 2020
Tighten the clutch cable, assuming you have a china girl.
-if you have an automatic clutch, lower your idle rpm.
Did all the above I disconnected the cable bike still runs when started. I was trying to figure out if its the clutch. It looked bad when I tried to clean it. A centrifugal clutch.

Pablodmoet

Jul 26, 2020
Wondering could this be a clutch issue. I can start it without the clutch cable and on a stand the bike runs. Idle is fine.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
OK, we all started out as newbies, so please don't take offense here, but from what you appear to be saying, I'm wondering if you've grasped how these engines function?
Since you mention a clutch cable, let's assume we're talking China Girl 2 stroke motor. Right?
This isn't a twist'n'go motor, so without the clutch cable installed to disengage it, clutch is permanently engaged. Naturally the bike WILL take off when started, unless raised on a centre stand.
Motor is designed to be pedal started (or pull started if so fitted) with the clutch lever/cable pulled - so how are you starting it?

Pablodmoet

Jul 26, 2020
Pull start, the throttle is in the idle position, the bike is rolling as if it was in run position. It's basically the bike seems stuck in "gear" to make it simple.The bike is running in the udke position. I was wondering was this a clutch issue before I break the engine down. I used to work on cars not bikes this is new territory.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Did all the above I disconnected the cable bike still runs when started. I was trying to figure out if its the clutch. It looked bad when I tried to clean it. A centrifugal clutch.
Hmmm. Maybe loosen the flower nut (you will recognize it when you see it). It functions like the limit screw on a derailleur.