Motorized bikes I have loved...

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Motorized bikes I have loved...updated since it cold out and I am bored.

Here are a few of my bikes from the past.
More to come in the near future.

60's Western Auto Stores Western Flyer- built, ridden around 500 miles, wore the knobbies off of it and replaced them with Bell 1.90's, which I swear by. It was sold and returned after the guy broke the frame and abused it badly. He didn't want to pay to repair of replace the frame and said "Keep it"....building another, similar bike with the original bushed bicycle motor.

The "Military Bike" (SEE BELOW FOR A BEFORE PHOTO)
which I rode around 500++ miles before it to sold. I haven't heard from the guy for awhile, but he did stop in and say he loved it and would be back if he had any problems or questions....originally a Ross Europa from the 70's, it was a "junker" my dad gave me for parts, cleaned up nice! Bad chrome? Use gaffers tape (handlebars) or paint (wheels) to cover the uglies!

Finally, my current ride- smooth, slow, reliable to a fault! (ie boring)
Yes, that is a road the bike is parked on... It's still for sale, and so is the engine kit seperately- PM me if interested.

The second "thumbnail" is the Huffy Cranboob I built.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It's got great traction in the snow....rotfl

Actually, it was very easy to ride right off the bat. The only bad part is when parking the bike you have to put it "in gear" and hopefully there is a place to lean it against since it will blow over at the slightest wind.

The power output is low enough, you really can't tell which wheel is driving.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
P.S. Mrs. Joe says "Those bikes would look better if you didn't have your tow rope wrapped around your tool kit, or at least if the rope was black..."

I love that woman.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Also, this is an old thread, I no longer own the TAS Spittz powered combo...I sold the Spitz, but still ride the Next without a motor.