Motorized bicycle exhaust advice

GoldenMotor.com

BeastBikes

Nov 19, 2017
Hey guys, just need some advice. I'm looking to buy the perfect exhaust for my motorized bicycle but I have never tried anything other than the stock so I would like to hear from someone who has tried several different exhausts.

I'm looking for an exhaust that will increase initial acceleration and low end power but hopefully won't hurt top end power. I also need it to be not too loud.

I was thinking a long exhaust would meet all of these criteria. I have posted some pictures of exhausts I am considering, please let me know what you think is best for my preferences.

Feel free to comment any exhaust, not just the ones pictured. I would also include the arrow snake pipe but it is out of my price range.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

1. Expansion chamber+long pipe+muffler?

2. SBP (More expensive but worth it??)

3. Voodoo Pipe

4. Arrow Torquer 11 Exhaust

5. Banana Pipe (Cheap but restrictive?)

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Arrow torquer and sbp. Look up the basics of tuned pipes to understand why. Notice the distance from the flange to the larges cross sectional area is the greatest of all those. This will cause the return wave to take more time thus helping your bottom end. Also you can advance timing a bit and run a coke can gasket. 12oz can only.

BeastBikes

Nov 19, 2017
Arrow torquer and sbp. Look up the basics of tuned pipes to understand why. Notice the distance from the flange to the larges cross sectional area is the greatest of all those. This will cause the return wave to take more time thus helping your bottom end. Also you can advance timing a bit and run a coke can gasket. 12oz can only.
Thanks for your input! Where would i put this coke can gasket you mentioned and how thick should it be? Are you referring to replacing the exhaust gasket or the engine head gasket/carburetor gasket?

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Head gasket. But all these things will improve low end and may or may not sacrifice top end. Guess you could gear it taller to compensate.

Rick73

Jan 25, 2018
Illinois
Head gasket. But all these things will improve low end and may or may not sacrifice top end. Guess you could gear it taller to compensate.
I'm lost. I can cut a coke can into a head gasket? isn't the head gasket thicker than a coke can? do you over lap a few of theem?

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I'm lost. I can cut a coke can into a head gasket? isn't the head gasket thicker than a coke can? do you over lap a few of theem?
You can, it just depends how much more compression you want. Can also run a copper .009 or .019.