motorized bicycle chain lube

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i curently am using tri-flow which is an awesome oil. any way i was looking on my shelf of fluids and saw some chain saw oil. i know that stuff is made to repel dirt and everything else and use on high speed chains. how do you think this would be on a bicycle motor chain?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey, I just bought a chainsaw last week. In the owners manual, it say's that chainsaw oil is the same viscosity as 30w motoroil, and that you can use 30w motor oil instead of chainsaw oil.
I use Bel-Ray chain lube, it cling's to the chain better. I think chainsaw oil should lube your chain just fine, but not sure how well it will cling to the chain. It might make a mess.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I just noticed your from Battle creek cruiser. I will be in Lansing in June, I dont think they are too far away from each other. I'm not sure if I'm going to fly or drive. If I drive, maybe I can take my MB with me and we can get together and go for a ride?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Chain saw bar oil smells like P#*^ and it flies everywhere. Don't use it. Get your favorite manufacture's chain lube.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I just noticed your from Battle creek cruiser. I will be in Lansing in June, I dont think they are too far away from each other. I'm not sure if I'm going to fly or drive. If I drive, maybe I can take my MB with me and we can get together and go for a ride?
let me know i would love to get together. if we can't ride we could do lunch or something. also thanks joe i was curious