Motorbicycling.com, The Game

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just too cool Goat!

Man, I am learning seriously cool stuff with this project. Sorta a peek behind the curtain and seeing how you guys make all this happen. Like most, just took it for granted with forum software, this and other app project.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Designing anything interactive, there are inside and outside parameters of the player character. All you have to do is know what the parameters should be and make sure they meet in the middle where the character is.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I was planning to use Android Studio as that is what I used at school. It is a very power hungry IDE, you don't need a surface pro I use it mostly for the pen futures as I write all my notes on my laptop by hand. Its hard to type up math notes so I like to use the surface pro to save my notes digitally. I'm not a fan of having a lot of papers in my backpack or lots of notebooks.

I will suggest a laptop (a thinkpad with about 4-8gb ram, a SSD will help a lot and they're cheaper now) or if you are able to a desktop where you can sit at home they are cheaper and you will be able to use bigger monitors. Or use your current acer notebook and install an SSD and some more ram it should feel like a new machine. Its very easy to install too all you need is a very small screwdriver and that's it (a guy with your motorbike abilities it should be easy). Just make sure if your notebook has a way to open it. If you need help let me know if you send me pictures of the bottom I can let you know if it possible to upgrade.
I forgot to mention the acer note book is topped out at 2 GB. Used a little screwdriver and a butter knife, LOL. Had to go in threw the keyboard. Just wiped it clean and reinstalled win 10 (no option there, either)

Just rereading thread to make sure I got every thing while waiting (attempt 3) for studio to download. Keeps saying admin. rights or some such bull stuff. Would an SSD help? Customer promised (hehe) to pay me by the 3rd and can get one. Or get a new laptop?

Arghhh! "The installer could not request administrative privileges and must abort" After 3 hrs of trying to get studio on this pos. (2:10 am) will read up on why. This is the longest trying to get ready to do a thing, thing. 3 days on just trying to start! lol, just part of the fun, I guess.

OH! signed up for some coding courses at local community college. Start in the fall. (This is how I ended up with a complete machine shop and large shed in the back yard.

I need a nap

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Success! I think. Attempt 4 @ downloading Android Studio.

This is gonna be highly technical. So if any one gets lost, just lemme know. I opened the file location and right clicked on it. Then choose ""run as administrator" LoL.... Wut? It's 2;52 am and this ain't my forte on a good and awake day .

At this rate, I will be able to contribute by march. (of the year after next)

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
As far as 3d games, I've been in Unreal Editor 4 working on some experimental ****.
Try to build something simple and export it. Like a bush, or a lamp and export to the final playable version.

Basically the bikes have to be built in 3d, and then imported to the game client editor without crashing the system.
It literally does take teams of people to build games for a reason, it's almost too much to manage from one desk.

It's great fun composing a large environment, but exporting it can be almost impossible!
That's why I prefer to work in text, the export is almost instantaneous.

This was a 3d set for Directorial Notation, and then I threw some green screen examples of the experimental video I've been working on for animated 3d skins for my reel.
Context being that for example is so broken it refuses to export, and the more recent versions are even more unstable.

SSD is one of the best performance mods available for any computer, it even rhymes with SBP.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
QUOTE="Greg58, post: 657342, member: 30869"]Dang.....DTG is a pretty smart guy, what do you think Dan? This is light years over my head. I'll just watch.[/QUOTE]

And all along, I thought that the motorbicycling.com game was the actual working on and riding your creation........ Man, if I'd of known the truth, I could've saved a ton of money!! And garage sweaty time. And coming up with the improvisation to make things work that really shouldn't. And the feel of relief when it finally all came together.

I think that the hologram of my reality just flickered a bit.......... zpt

(No jabs at ya, Dan! Just a skewered observation from someone on the fringe....)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
As far as 3d games, I've been in Unreal Editor 4 working on some experimental ****.
Try to build something simple and export it. Like a bush, or a lamp and export to the final playable version.

Basically the bikes have to be built in 3d, and then imported to the game client editor without crashing the system.
It literally does take teams of people to build games for a reason, it's almost too much to manage from one desk.

It's great fun composing a large environment, but exporting it can be almost impossible!
That's why I prefer to work in text, the export is almost instantaneous.

This was a 3d set for Directorial Notation, and then I threw some green screen examples of the experimental video I've been working on for animated 3d skins for my reel.
Context being that for example is so broken it refuses to export, and the more recent versions are even more unstable.

SSD is one of the best performance mods available for any computer, it even rhymes with SBP.

WOW! Ya gotta sell that as a screen saver,......or some thing! Just too cool. Really like the semi-focal point coming back to a light in a room. And the back lighting, threw the vail, matrix like code! Almost Omnipotent or... thought provoking. Like it should have Twilight zone music playing along with! Seriously Man, that' is art!

Greg, I want your job! lol

I'm still working on getting the software to make the software to learn how to make software....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
QUOTE="Greg58, post: 657342, member: 30869"]Dang.....DTG is a pretty smart guy, what do you think Dan? This is light years over my head. I'll just watch.
I think that the hologram of my reality just flickered a bit.......... zpt

(No jabs at ya, Dan! Just a skewered observation from someone on the fringe....)[/QUOTE]

LOL! Right!? Me 2

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I toyed with the idea of enlisting the help of local college students with some sort of prize like a MB kit or some thing. Seems laborious and less than cost effective. But after still not getting Studio to successfully download, looked again at the "any one can do it"s.

Any thoughts on these? Thinking with the talent here, we could do a basic game than tweak. Still reading but looks promising? Stick with pursuing studio but consider these as well or in tandem?

Or am I giving up to easily? Kinda frustrated and have not even started actually working on it yet, lol.

http://www.businessofapps.com/guide/android-game-makers/

https://turbofuture.com/computers/8-Best-Game-Maker-Software-Programs

https://edshelf.com/tool/flowlab/

Also, I started this course; https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:PennX+SD1x+2T2017/

Man! My hat is off to you IT, software guys/folks. Some heavy learnin'!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LoL, Thanks, there, DFFR...

It's not even English man! Like a weird sort of algebra but it's the X key on the keyboard that = Y and makes the sky blue unless it's after a semi colon.......

Man, thinking about what Paul and Eric did with the forum has a whole new meaning for me. Well, think it's along the same lines. Trying to make stuff happen by typing sorta deal.

Waiting for coffee to perk. Then I get to go do easy stuff like work, lol

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
Dan if you still can't get Android Studio to work take some screenshots so we can see whats going on. For me it was just as simple as downloading and clicking on the exe file waiting for it to install and thats it. Wonder what might be going on. You can use another IDE there is an option on Android studio to import projects from another IDE.