Motor won’t stay running

GoldenMotor.com

SiccmaDE7930

Jul 13, 2018
i was riding to work earlier today when an issue came up.

When I would start pedaling with the clutch being held, upon releasing the clutch and pulling the throttle the motor would go for a second or two and then it would almost feel like a car downshifting a gear and lose some power. If I released the throttle a little bit then hit it again it would continue as though the issue never happened.

After my work shift I went to start riding home and the motor will start but it just won’t stay running no matter how long I assist it with pedaling it just dies down again.

Any ideas with what might be going on or where I should start to look would be appreciated. It is a 2 stroke motor if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
always best to go thru the steps in the no start thread

if spark & compression good, you may have forgotten to turn off fuel and motor is full

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Check for air leaks around the intake/carb connection and also around the head gasket, I've seen these stock Chinese made heads warp when they get hot, usually you can feel air shooting out from around the head gasket if it's leaking.

37columbia

Sep 17, 2018
Check for air leaks around the intake/carb connection and also around the head gasket, I've seen these stock Chinese made heads warp when they get hot, usually you can feel air shooting out from around the head gasket if it's leaking.[/QUOTE hey can you help me. My bike wont start. It only starts on full throttle on a bike stand going as fast as i can. But dies when i give it anything less than full throttle. And im getting good spark. And when it does start for a few secconds it smells like burning oil.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if it is smoking too much, motor may be full of fuel - if not smoking, I'd look at seals and gaskets

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
hey can you help me. My bike wont start. It only starts on full throttle on a bike stand going as fast as i can. But dies when i give it anything less than full throttle. And im getting good spark. And when it does start for a few secconds it smells like burning oil.
It sounds like you don't have the correct air/fuel ratio if you have to give it full throttle just to keep it going. I suspect you have an air leak somewhere. One thing you can do is open the clutch and mag case covers and see if there is any oil in there, it's possible you blew one of the seals.