Moderators, staff and administrators for this site

GoldenMotor.com

Oldbiscuit

Oct 3, 2020
I went to the member list and was looking to see who the administrator, staff and moderators were for this site and found only 2door as an active one. Did anyone take the others places ? My concern is with what I perceived to be scam posts written in I assume Chinese . Who oversees these posts to keep this site clean and safe ? Surely there is a more updated administrator list out there somewhere, is it a secret ?

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
I went to the member list and was looking to see who the administrator, staff and moderators were for this site and found only 2door as an active one. Did anyone take the others places ? My concern is with what I perceived to be scam posts written in I assume Chinese . Who oversees these posts to keep this site clean and safe ? Surely there is a more updated administrator list out there somewhere, is it a secret ?
It's Chinese for sure. I just reported it as being off topic. Here is a Google Translation of the post heading in English:
Foreign diploma and academic certification Q/WeChat 29304199 to do Australia #Griffith graduation certificate transcript notarization Griffith University graduation certificate transcript student card offer, IELTS TOEFL transcript Griffith diploma, embassy letter certification, (recruiting agents)

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry for the slow reply on these Chinese reported posts. I've deleted those Chinese posts.

They sneak through sometimes. The best way to deal with them is to report them. I was having an issue with alerts, but I should have that solved now. When something is reported, I should now get an alert right away.

1609785709368.png

Also, thanks for the heads up on the staff page. I've cleaned that page up and removed the inactive moderators. That should help avoid confusion going forward.

If you have any other issues, as Greg58 mentioned, you can always send me a private message as well. Just click the envelope up top in the navigation bar and start a new message with my username erics.

1609785947940.png

Hope that helps!
Eric

Oldbiscuit

Oct 3, 2020
Sorry for the slow reply on these Chinese reported posts. I've deleted those Chinese posts.

They sneak through sometimes. The best way to deal with them is to report them. I was having an issue with alerts, but I should have that solved now. When something is reported, I should now get an alert right away.

View attachment 106252

Also, thanks for the heads up on the staff page. I've cleaned that page up and removed the inactive moderators. That should help avoid confusion going forward.

If you have any other issues, as Greg58 mentioned, you can always send me a private message as well. Just click the envelope up top in the navigation bar and start a new message with my username erics.

View attachment 106253
Hope that helps!
Eric
Thanks Eric, you’re doing a good job. I really enjoy the site, but was just a little confused.

Reactions: curtisfox

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks to all who are reporting these Chinese spam posts! There have been more overnight.

Unfortunately, this is a hassle that comes and goes.

I've had stronger controls in place in the past. I may put them back in place at least until this calms back down. Those controls seemed to keep this spammer type at bay. The problem with it is the false positives. They catch a lot of real people and make it a hassle for them to join the site. :(

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Strange things show up on internet. Recently a third party seller on a department store website I see selling an item 1/10 the cost as one of two sellers. It is a scam and I saw it with the same sellers name in a review saying how they rip you off. Must be careful for things that are too good to be true.