Missing Piston Pin Clip (Wrist Pin Clip)

GoldenMotor.com

Apache Bronco

Jul 19, 2019
I am finally getting around to setting up my engine, and I only have one piston pin clip. I bet I could find a suitable e-clip that would probably be better anyway. Has anyone had to source an alternative to the rather cheesy looking wrist pin clip? Also, was anyone besides me tempted to rinse everything to wash away the gritty film on everything?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I would wash out the crankcase with mixed fuel just in case there might be metal shavings in it. I take a old white tee shirt and stretch it over a five gallon bucket and pour the fuel used to rinse through it, it’s interesting to see what comes out. I would go to a chain saw dealer with the piston and the one clip to locate replacements

Apache Bronco

Jul 19, 2019
Great ideas Greg. I was wondering if that clip is in the crankcase. The pin and bearing were in a plastic bag rubber banded to the con rod. The small gas engine/lawn equipment shop is a great idea, really far away, but if the nearest hardware store doesn't have it I will have to. It looks to be a 1/2"/12mm size.