Meddlin with peddlin hittin muffler

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by george_n_texas, Dec 18, 2009.

1. george_n_texas

george_n_texas New Member

I recently built on a peugeot frame and the thing is real compact...them French folks are apperently short of space. I noticed the muffler was takin a beatin from the peddle. I took the pole my RV table mounts with and bent it toward the center of the bike no problem. Beats the heck outa waiting for wide peddle mounts and the expence and work involved. I would imagine any pvc piece of pipe would do the same gives you good leverage for a slow steady pressure. You probably could put the bike down on it's side and just step on it to bend it as well.

2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

George, just got done building a MTB/MB for the Nephews for the holidays and found a trick. The peddles were hitting hard. I mean an inch or 2 in. I tried the kick it, mallet and "stomp on it till it fit" method. No luck. I put the muffler flange in a vise and leaned on it. Worked awesome and for the first time, I did not destroy the chrome! lol No kidding, it bent like a charm with no fuss or muss. One thing about chinaMetal, it cooperates. snork

3. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

You can also just file the mounting holes into a oval shape so that you can turn the pipe in towards the center of the bike! ;)

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

I have had luck with drilling the mounting holes 1 or 2 sizes bigger (gives you some adjustability) :)