Me and Sissy

GoldenMotor.com

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
Deacon,
That bike does look small for you. I look like a bear on a tricycle when I ride my Worksman PAV. Someday I hope to get it "electrified'. I am still thinking of an electric front hub.

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
Deacon
I have found the bike is easier to peddle if you can stretch your legs out more. This might help when starting. This is the reason i have the extended length frame of the PAV.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have been thinking that as well. It's why I have a frame I am giving great thought to either doing another one or swapping out this one. I love how the bike looks but I would like to be able to ride it more comfortably. Since my wife wants me to stop riding for about a week, I think I might just do the switch now.

Bet I can switch it in a day.

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Wow that does look small with you sitting on it. It looks cool though. You don't look anything like what I had imagined................

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I like to think of myself as a slight thinner, slight less talented Earnie Hemmingway. What I lack in talent I make up for by the fact... IM STILL ALIVE...

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
You know Deacon, you need to make the right side of that light green. Then you would have a legal front nav light. Put you a white light in the back and at night they would think you were a plane or a boat............

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im 6 even and the bike is finally finished. I could have switched in a day if that is all i did. Lots of little things went wrong that had nothing to do with the engine... But now I have two new chains one on each drive and the wheel is tight and true. It all wired and ready to test if the weather cooperates.

Sissy is now an electro bike and yes it's that small. Which for an electro might be okay. Wife said the bike looked like it belonged to the clowns in the circus.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Your new bike looks great Deacon. Hows it ride for you. I like the way the engine fits the lines of your new frame. I would guess that not being scrunched up like a circus chimp will help your balance issues. I know you said that you wanted to slow your bike down, what size sprocket are you using? It looks like a 44t, if you were to put a 50t or I've even heard of a 52t, it would slow you quite a bit. Keep the shiney side up...Kelly

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
to be honest it rides much better... Seems the heavier frame and larger wheels dampens the road bumps. Before If I hit a manhole the thing would come down hard and a little off balance. Now I hardly noticed them.

It really doesn't seem that much faster since I didn't let it out anyway. I kind of kept the speed down this first ride. It's too cold to really go anywhere.

With this handlebar configuration I can use a front, old lady basket. I think I might just do that after I clean the rust off the bars. I hate that I can't use an end bar mirror. I really like the one on the sissy bike. I'm gonna have to figure something since I really do miss the mirror now that I'm used to having one. One thing I did learn, best to just go ahead and get a convex mirror to glue over the regular one. Otherwise it will never be in adjustment when you need it.