Make a "blower" for $2.00

GoldenMotor.com

Rexx Shyt

May 9, 2022
Now Ive read both yay and nay on this subject but I know it works for me and before anybody says anything negative I think they should probably check it out themselves.

Parts needed (depending on the bike that you're using)

One 1inch elbow and one 3/4 inch elbow and some pvc pipe dope.

Taper the 3/4 inch elbow to about half its original thickness on the inside so its a smooth transition into it from the 1 inch elbow and then throw the 1-in elbow into some boiling water until the plastic is soft enough to bend now take the 3/4-in elbow and shove it into the one inch end and hold it there run some cold water on it let it cool off and form. Slap a little bit of pipe dope on it and mounted to the seat post tube just above the carburetor and call it done.

Ive gained 4-6 mph depending on how my bike is running that day.

I know it's not really a blower motor or anything like that but still it blows air into the carburetor which will help sputtering and lack of oxygen that it seems to suffer from sitting behind the motor in a sort of vortex that starves the carburetor for air.

TRY IT BEFORE YOU TALK SMACK ABOUT IT.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: fasteddy

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I've seen many guys do stuff like this over the years... The increase in performance that you're seeing is more from removing the restrictive air filter (which also leans out the fuel mixture).

Any 'ram air' effect is almost non existent at these low speeds.

The real thing you need to be concerned about is having your carburetor break off near the manifold from having all, that extra weight on it. :(

Rexx Shyt

May 9, 2022
I've seen many guys do stuff like this over the years... The increase in performance that you're seeing is more from removing the restrictive air filter (which also leans out the fuel mixture).

Any 'ram air' effect is almost non existent at these low speeds.

The real thing you need to be concerned about is having your carburetor break off near the manifold from having all, that extra weight on it. :(

Its attatched to the seat post tube.

Rexx Shyt

May 9, 2022
And it isnt just removing the air filter restrictions. I flared the scoop end and it does help with w.o.t. sputter. I respect your work venice, but as you know what works for some may not work for others.

If I went down a jet size it would probably do the same thing.