Magneto information.

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by fdnjj6, Sep 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fdnjj6

fdnjj6 New Member

Also shows the importance of a roll cage lol.

2. Jimmy Bloodmaker

Jimmy Bloodmaker Active Member

just gotta hit 40mph or above, or 50mph or above. the clubs like a " mile high" kinda club. not really a thing. just a bunch of us tht have gone those speeds. i never care to ask for proof. if ya did, ya did, if not, it's cool too.

what i did was a little porting, slowly over a month of runs i raised my exhaust up a bit and widened it slightly. then i changed the transfers timing by raising it, and redirected it more back towards the carb. i widened the intake a bit and cleared the piston from the opening.i opened up the airflow in the nt carb ( rt worked the same as the nt in my tests, just had better gas mileage, but ran hotter) by drilling holes in the cover my 42.9mph engine had a short intake and a single speed with a custom pipe and all tht done. my 46mph bike i went down low and built a torque monster, max power around 6k rpm. custom port, etc, like above. build a long header with a small sharp expansion chamber for it. it still has pull when the engine peters out. i could change my port timing and use even more of this pipe, made the header long as i can without looking really dumb. then i added a jack shaft to a 6 speed cassette. i use castor ( blendzall formula 455) at one ounce to my 2-2.5 of lucas land sea and air 2 stroke oil. i have an upgraded magneto and cdi on it. it's running a 7" custom intake, causes some problems on idle down and top end, but it's a torque machine. i used 7" intake cause it matched close with the 23" of header. i gasket match, port match etc. it feels like a real motorcycle when you crack the throttle, sounds like a dirt bike. i can;t think of anything else at this moment. i worked on tht 46mph machine a lot to hit tht.

oh and i can run that bike flat out till it runs out of gas, never over heats. long as i'm rolling, i can slam the gas as hard as i want. she just keeps on trucking. castor is some amazing stuff, smells good too. i also jet rich, 4 strokes without a load, especially on the top end. jump on it though, and tht rich run never even whimps out on a 1 mile long steep hill at full throttle.

oh yeah, i changed over to a 5.5cc head and set the squish too.

#22 Jimmy Bloodmaker, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:52 PM
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM