Made my 1st beer run

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My wife said, "It's really cute, but now what are you going to do with it." So, I showed her. The liquor store is just three blocks from home but , as I explained when I got back, "I only used a thimble full of gasoline.
Thanks, Chris Hill. The engine is everything you promised. Runs and looks great on my old Roadmaster.

Attachments

Last edited:

wrngway

Aug 21, 2008
I'm originally a car guy and I have to say...Nice Sky!! They're nice looking little sports cars.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
My first beer run was on MotoSchwinn I. The old Suburban. I was out tooling around and I remembered I had just a couple cold ones in the fridge. I decided to run down to the QuickTrip and I bought a 30 pack of Busch beer. Well on weekends the Quicktrips in my area have off duty Jackson County Sheriffs to watch over the stores. AS I was strapping my beer onto the rack the Sheriff came up and just shook his head and told me "Dude that is so wrong on so many levels" and then walked away....

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Dude that is so wrong on so many levels" and then walked away...."

2 funny Moto
In my bike pack pack is a thermas and a travel mug for the park 2 watch sun sets. I find mixed drinks travel better. One of the best parts of day.
I figure that the "quick trips" I do on my MB saves about 2K a year.

Thinking about building a trike and do a tour thing for tourists in Mystic. Rideable Bicycle Replicas - www.hiwheel.com check out the pedicabs. would work great.

Hitekrdnk

May 23, 2008
Why not just get one of these and motorize it and then you don't have to drink alone? Have to have a designated steerer though I suppose.
9073_29030874552_0.jpg

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
was thinking this and use the middle seat area for "]Cargo or this snork

In CT, has to be 3 wheels or less to qualify as a "Bicycle with motor assistance" Am building an air boat that will be legal on the road as it will be under 50cc's, under 30 MPH and 3 wheeled. I love my lil state!

Last edited:

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
was thinking this and use the middle seat area for "]Cargo or this snork

In CT, has to be 3 wheels or less to qualify as a "Bicycle with motor assistance" Am building an air boat that will be legal on the road as it will be under 50cc's, under 30 MPH and 3 wheeled. I love my lil state!
You have to post pic's of the air boat!!! Can't wait to see this. (^)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wrngway,
The Sky belongs to my wife. The black thing next to it is mine.
They are nice little cars. Her's is one of the 1200 pre-production models, first ones available to the public and destined to be a collector car someday. It has stickers and embroidered seats with the Z-07 logo. She wanted a turbo but they weren't available on the original version. It still keeps up with traffic, but can't touch the black thing.

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Well I'm 59 Yrs.old and never touched the stuff before I purchased a Chinese bicycle engine kit.I soon discovered some form of self medication to be a great aide in coexisting with my new creation.Over time diminishing returns required stronger doses.My point is that as time passes you may find the need for greater hauling capacity.Ron
[/IMG]

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Well I'm 59 Yrs.old and never touched the stuff before I purchased a Chinese bicycle engine kit.I soon discovered some form of self medication to be a great aide in coexisting with my new creation.Over time diminishing returns required stronger doses.My point is that as time passes you may find the need for greater hauling capacity.Ron
[/IMG]
LOL!!! Dude that is funny... now can you let me see what you did for that rear rack? I see all those woodworking tools....

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Motoschwinn:
Rear rack is made out of mahogany scrap I had.(I build furniture for a living.)
4 slats with 2 cross rails underneath.Made a couple metal supports so it mounts like a standard bike rack.Basket has a piece of thin ply with 2 runners attached
which hook under the front rail and 2 turn latches that lock it down in the rear.
All in all its overly convoluted.A standard bike rack,a milk crate and some bungie
cord would get the job done.
I made it removable because I thought it looked a little dorky.I find I leave it on most of the time now.I guess I'm less image conscious or maybe because twice I went on a beer run(5mi.)only to discover I forgot my basket.lol.Perhaps the result of long term side effects of my medication.Ron
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thought I should bump this old thread because I made my first beer run on the trike today. Its no accident that the two six packs just fit in pickup bed. I measured carefully when I was building it. The left side holds the 7oz bottles Char likes and the right side is for the 12ozers, for me. I attracted a crowd of onlookers and everyone wanted to know all about the trike. I handed out several Motorbicycling.com business cards so maybe they'll show up here some day. What a fun hobby.
Tom

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that's awesome.

i used to have an old worksman cycle truck i got from an auction the post office had. it was a 1950's mailman bike with the giant basket in the front. i remember loading a keg in it and pedaling that tank back to the party. wish i had a motor on it back then...

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Thought I should bump this old thread because I made my first beer run on the trike today. Its no accident that the two six packs just fit in pickup bed. I measured carefully when I was building it. The left side holds the 7oz bottles Char likes and the right side is for the 12ozers, for me. I attracted a crowd of onlookers and everyone wanted to know all about the trike. I handed out several Motorbicycling.com business cards so maybe they'll show up here some day. What a fun hobby.
Tom
You have barely enough brew for the ride to get you home! Tom you need to be able to carry at least a case. So... as an update for Motoschwinn II, she's still in the basement of my apts, well hidden under blankets and sheets. Tires are flat, and she still calls to me...

And as far as brew, I've started homebrewing again. Did that quite a bit in the 80's, SO much fun! I have wheat beer aging and a nut brown ale too. Here is my latest batch of Wisenhiemers Honey Wheat, around 6.8%.

I don't think I'll haul them around I bottle in the 22oz bottles and they would make too much noise ;)

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Moto,
The liquor store is only a block and a half from home. Let's see, if I calculate that in ounces per foot....I'd have to drink an ounce every thirty feet. Wow, Lets see, one ounce is about a sip, figure its 2400 feet from my house, ahhhh, I'm no good at math but I'd have to do some guzzling, then when I got home without the wife's beer I'd have to turn around and go back for more. Heck, I'd be s**t faced by the second trip.
Tom