linux ubunta 8.04.1

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
This is the bomb never tried linux till today. Might not ever use Windows again! Just loaded this in tonight about 30 minutes ago surfing the net computer never ran this fast! Windows should have kept the kiss principle it comes as a major cpu hog. My mouse with a old battery works outside of the house and fast too! Before you could not get 3 foot away. Range is 25 feet now that the computer has been simplified. linux is free too(^)

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
take it from a Microsoft OS developer, we are working as hard as we can to get windows to the point of its fast, but it still has all the features that people want. for example, everbody wants wordpad and paint and ultimate extras and media player, and side bar and the aero effects but they don't want the repercussions. we are trying to make windows faster and more user friendly along with a better UI system and we redesinged the taskbar.we are currently in pre-beta testing of our next OS , windows 7 nad it should be out next june (didn't hear it from me) and linux, is exeptional for its server capabilities, as i have used ubuntu before and it is a good OS

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Much on with , and about some programming should be free I think. Too many folks trying to capitalize sometimes? This dogs plays my media already !

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
At 300 dollers a pop 7 comp , and hard to remmember how much more. 2100 in money. Hey how about spywhere I think their in the same building the ones upstairs create it the ones downstairs solve it sounds like a conspheracy to me. Still refusing to figure out the spell check. Just think it should be simpler somtimes.Sounds like mofia rules to me

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
I am also a Computer tech of some 25 years. I have just started working with Ubuntu Linux and am using it to recycle computers. I have clients with old computers who ask me how to get rid of their old P4's. I destroy the data on the disk and install Ubuntu (most systems are clones without Windows licenses) I have been selling these on Craigslist for $60 + $10 for monitor, KB and mouse.

For people with basic needs Ubuntu does a great job and for me it helps fund my bike project.

I also feel I am keeping some old computer hardware out of the landfill.

I will forever be a MS technician as I work for a large software company who don't have any plans to dump MS Desktop or Server OS.

I even worked for MS here in Vancouver as a contractor when they acquired Network Courier (MS DOS mail). Even spent a few weeks training in Redmond. Those 3 years really set my career in motion so even though I'll curse MS on a regular basis, if it wasn't for my time spent there I wouldn't have nearly the knowledge I have today.

And those little quirks in the software.... well they are $$$ to me :)

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
All this Open Source talk got me to upgrade my Fedora today from 8 to 9. It is a wonderful thing what we can do as a cooperative group. I sure can't program the system and can barely upgrade without destroying but I can and did. My dad was a photographer and in the 1950's was developing printed circuit processes, some boards went into space and others into Motorola's Bank of America computer project. Now we have hand held computers more powerful than the whole system BoA used. Not even Microsoft can hold back the progress of the community solving problems together.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
i know this is about Open source, but if anyone here wants a copy of pre-beta windows 7, PM me and i'll send you it as i got it from microsoft

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Klick your heals three times and Vista will work, There's no place like home, Latest projection on Uncle Billys fortune? $ 983,000.00 an hour. after income & payroll. Must be nice. (c)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have tried linux many times but never coujld get to take even their software I might have to try doing it again.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
can a VISTA machine be dual booted with Linux on an external HD? Put XP on here after VISTA (I know, well now) did not work out well.