Larger air intake tuning

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 22, 2020
Hello. I have the basic Chinese two-stroke bike set up. I added the offset intake and the velocity stack On the NT carb and fitted a biger cone filter. I assumed it meant more air so I slowly changed my jets bigger and bigger and I still have no WOT power. Should i have decreased the jet size instead.? I was running the plastic stock filter with some holes drilled into it and a 68 jet. And a 26-1 mix.Thanks

Reactions: curtisfox

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Just like food you stuff it in it has to go out the other end, try a better exhaust or open the stock one and see what happens first............Also try a Briggs lawn more foam first, in your air cleaner .... Curt

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon
Jan 22, 2020
I have. Was a bit black around the bend of the electrode tip. Its an NGK plug.. i just assumed that bigger filter ment bigger jet... i suposse i can thrown in some smaller jets and test it out again.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep keep at it till you get right, have you looked through the trouble shooting section, lot of cures there in the past.....Curt

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Try one size smaller than stock jet... that's usually just about right.

Be careful not to go too small on the jet size, it will feel like more power but will be too lean & cause engine failure!!!!