keihan carb help please

GoldenMotor.com

Ichigo

Jun 18, 2017
Hey. New here nice to meet you. Just got my mountain bike motorized with the gasbike GT7 kit. I am having problems and i think its the carb. its a keihan clone. Warm starts are difficult. cruising is fine, acceleration is rough. Sometimes it will smooth out for a couple seconds, always at lower rpms. WOT is rough, if im going along at 25-30 mph and floor it, it bogs down and actually slows a little. I called gasbike and they dont have a manual for the carb. can anyone give me some ideas on this? Thanks.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, I can't help you with that carb but if you are getting 25 to 30 its running pretty good. What we always recommend is to run 2 to 3 full tanks of fuel through it before trying to make carb adjustments. With the standard nt they are usually on the rich side, after its broken in it should get better. It sounds like the keihin is jetted a little rich main jet wise also.

Ichigo

Jun 18, 2017
I'm on tank 3 now, I just started thinning the mixture of the oil and fuel. Ok, I'll wait a while. Thanks for the advise, it's good to know that the carb might be rich from the factory.