Kalamath National Forest Route Riding

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
There were some dirt roads besides this Forest Service Route that I rode. They had many rocks, then when they were the size of grape fruit I turned around. The videos are too bumpy to look at much and there is no stabilization on the camera. The trails at other places in the Forest I had looked at are too steep for my bike, but I am going to eventually go to other trail riding sites for OHV riding that may be better. A short clip of video at Vimeo.

Remove all the spaces from address below or possibly just click the area that says Watch on Vimeo.

h t t p s : / / v i m e o . c o m / 2 3 8 5 3 5 4 5 0

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Now it has gotten a slight dusting at the lower altitudes. Roads only have a few shaded spots where I was using my pickup truck to transport my bike to the area to ride OHV. So soon I expect there will come a time where it would require chains, snow tires, and or studded tires. Looking like time to get bike modified to use skis.

Attachments

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
1121171607_Film1.jpg
1121171556e_Film1.jpg
Today some areas riding were burned earlier this year, sort of strange the trees look like maybe they could get leaves again, but maybe they just won't and will fall over. They were doing prescribe burn at lower areas in the valley and the smoke was bad. Guess it is best that they do it with cold rainy weather and make the forest safer by removing underbrush.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Rode over a few patches of snow covered dirt road after climbing to a bit of altitude. Starting out from 3000 base on the paved road and then to back country up higher. Just used brakes coming down and had engine off for some of the travel back.

Attachments

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Yeah.... as xseler says. Boy do I need an adventure like that. I gotta wait til April before I'm out again. 3 ft of snow outside here. Seems you were dressed for the occasion. That's important! You got a couple of really nice pics too! Oh, but you're ugly like the rest of us. Hehehe. Happy New Year!

Last edited: