Just Registered...

GoldenMotor.com

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Wanted to say hi to everyone from Eastern NV on the Colorado River. Had previously looked at electric assist...but due to the heat during the summer & weight limits on these...am looking at gas assist.

Does anyone have experience with the EPA Certified Motorized Bicycle Engine 80cc Kit from Raw? Are there other kits available which would be better? All ready have an MC endorsement...but would I need to get insurance?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can ask the registration and insurance questions at your local DMV.

RAW hasn't had any really bad reviews and 99.9% of all the kits are pretty much the same, so go for the lower cost ones. Livefast, thatsdax, spookytooth, Chris hill, boygofast (not the best reviews there) are other sellers.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
there are no 80cc ht's
Sorry about the 80cc question...since what I was reading here & other places had the max cc's on these at 66.

Just have a few questions:

Are the 66's still powerful enough to get around town on...as well as having some fun???
Is there any real difference between the 49's & 66's???
Can you use another sprocket to give the engine more torque???
Do the current 2 strokes pollute as much as the old 2 stroke scooters/MC's???
Would I get better performance & usage from a 4 stroke...rather than a 2 stroke???

Thanks...

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yes the 66cc is still powerful enough to get you around. The biggest difference in my opinion between the 48cc and 66 cc is the 66 has a little more torque.

Yes, you can use a different size rear sprocket for more torque. Most kits will come with a 44t rear sprocket. Thats what I have been using and I am very happy with it.

NO!! They do not pollute as bad as everybody says they do. They actually run clean enough to pass Arizona Emmision testing :D

AZ law requires 48cc or smaller and a 20 mph speed limit. I have the so called "80cc" but I used a electric pencil and scribed "48cc" on my engine. As long as you tell the officer that it is a 48cc you should be okay. Without them going to all kinds of trouble to measure your motor, thier is no way for them to tell.

Here is a link to Arizona HB 2796...A lot of folks will make a copy of HB2796 and carry it with them when they ride. Thier are a few cops who do not know the law.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Yes the 66cc is still powerful enough to get you around. The biggest difference in my opinion between the 48cc and 66 cc is the 66 has a little more torque.
That's what I thought.

Yes, you can use a different size rear sprocket for more torque. Most kits will come with a 44t rear sprocket. Thats what I have been using and I am very happy with it.
Maybe something I may look into whenever I decide to get either a kit or a bike.

NO!! They do not pollute as bad as everybody says they do. They actually run clean enough to pass Arizona Emmision testing :D
Used to have a 49.5 scooter which was a 2 stroke & it smoked & stunk like you were sucking the exhaust pipe of an 18 wheeler. Living out at the "Tri-State" area...no emissions testing required. Even if there were emissions testing...having an address in another state takes care of anything like this. :eek:

AZ law requires 48cc or smaller and a 20 mph speed limit. I have the so called "80cc" but I used a electric pencil and scribed "48cc" on my engine. As long as you tell the officer that it is a 48cc you should be okay. Without them going to all kinds of trouble to measure your motor, thier is no way for them to tell.
Will have to look at Nevada's law as well...since I spend tons of time there working & throwing money away.

Here is a link to Arizona HB 2796...A lot of folks will make a copy of HB2796 and carry it with them when they ride. Thier are a few cops who do not know the law.
Will have to do that as well...especially since many of the police around here seem as if they were from the TV show, "Dukes of Hazard".