Just got it on!

GoldenMotor.com

philmuck

Sep 29, 2008
Okay, so I got the chinese motor put on today, and was wondering if the throttle is suppose to be very tight?? it only turn a little, meaning maybe .5 inch. I couldnt crank it though bc i need to take links out of the chain and dont have the tool, bummer.

philmuck

Sep 29, 2008
well thats waht i thought, but i took it apart and the only way the cable can run is the way i have it running. : (

philmuck

Sep 29, 2008
ok, i just checked it and its in the carb correctly. you can only see about a cm or two of the tube. hmmmmmmmmm.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Is the kit from Boygofast? If so, contact him and he will send out another cable. The last kit I got was factory sealed box and the cable was to short.

hill climber

Sep 11, 2008
paso robles, california
if your handy with a dremel you could cut off about 3/4" of the housing, without hitting the cable inside. use a razor knife to strip off 3/4" of the plastic and then cut the steel with the dremel at one coil then just uncoil it. longer cable, shorter housing, same thing.

philmuck

Sep 29, 2008
I got it figured out guys. Just went ahead and took the adjuster off of the side going into the carb and now its perfect! Just got to take some links out of the chain, and gas up, any ideas on getting some links out?? got a tool but it doesnt work.

philmuck

Sep 29, 2008
Dont think so. I've got it how it was shipped. The needle is pointing down and the cable is at the bottom of the slider, the only was it would go..

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
about dutting the chain
get it right the first time.

Take out your master link.
measure the chain carefully.
use your dremel to grind off the brad of a link pin
then drive the pin out with a punch... Big nail will work if you don't have a punch.
Then put your master link back in.
Be sure to get it right cause you have no way to add links back.

If you had a chain breaker tool it would be easy to adjust the chain but this is the old fashioned way just be careful not to cut too much out

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
That thing is like this...
run the cable through the little thing that looks like a buddist temple on top of the carb.
then run the cable through the spring
then thread the needle through the brass bowl then through hole in the bottom of the brass cup.
Add the "C" clip
then thread the cable through the bowl with the end on the bottom of the bowl and through the "C" clip.

Slide the bowl into the tube of the carp with the needle pointing down.
Slide the spring down the cable then screw the cap on.

Be sure that the tits on the side of the brass bowl line up with the path down the carb's tube.

Now look through the manifold opening and you should see the needle seat and unseat as you work the throttle.

Er you did know that the knob on top of the buddist temple looking part of the carb adjusts the length of the cable throw. Na that would be too simple you had to know that.

There are pics of all that somewhere Good luck

Last edited:

jerseykat1

i broke my chain links with a hammer and a flat head screw driver (2 different sizes) start with a small flat head to get some room then use the bigger flat head to pop it off completely. if your careful enough you will be able to put it back together using the same parts if you don't get the length right the first time.