Just finished, grocery getter!

GoldenMotor.com

tinkerfinger

Jun 10, 2008
This is a 1980 cruiser i just finished overhauling. It has electra rims with flame pattern tires, 3 speed nexus hub, new basket and seat. I sand blasted the parts before shooting 1978 vw mars red. Kept it basic. the more i looked, the less I wanted to add. Just tank sticker on paint. The color reminds me of vintage coke machines and campbell tomato soup cans. Custom cut front chrome fender, and chopped rear painted fender give it a race look, and the rims being a little darker than the frame really gives it that old school look. rear sprocket opened up to 2in dia for nexus hub. needs mirrors and light

Attachments

Chitty

Jun 3, 2008
Souris Manitoba Canada
Looks good. Are you going to put a front brake on it? How did you cut out the sproket? My wife is looking for a bike to put her new motor on, and she would like to go retro.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Looks great! I think your right, less is more. Really like the utilitarian, old school look. Muffler is kewl. What red paint works on hot surfices?

Cookie

Jul 3, 2008
Looks nice(^) but unless you have used heat resistant paint on the muffler it is going to smell bad and burn :eek:.....you can use a matching engine paint for the muffler. You will be supprised how hot those things get. I painted mine once and after a short run took the muffler off striped the paint the rest of the way off put a couple of holes in the muffler so it would "Breath" better and improved the performance.

Cookie

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Nice! What type of paint did you shoot it with?

I have painted exhausts before with "regular" paint. It works, except the first 6" or so of the pipe. That will burn off and take on a grey color....you may like it.

Gronkster

May 20, 2008
Nice looking bike, I'm in the process of building my second bike which very similar to yours. I'm using a mountain bike fork that fits the frame so I can use a front brake with the coaster back brake. I'm interested in the stopping power of just using a coaster brake. How did you paint the rims? Remove all the spokes?

Cookie

Jul 3, 2008
I used a blue color and the burnt just did not look good maybe on the ornge it will look good .

Cookie