Junk yard rat bike

GoldenMotor.com

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Junk yard rat bike. This is not what the guy said when I called him about the bike on Craigslist, but the drive was so far I had to buy it when he said his baby needed milk, and he did not have any money. $30.00 for two beach cruiser frames huffy type and a couple wheels and junk. Not too bad. Oh well I call it the pink baby saver.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Please tell me that you didn't buy that bike for thirty bucks with the motor already on it. If you did you have all the luck no wonder I can't get a deal.

I bought a 20" for th crank, rear wheel and front tire Sunday and paid four bucks. I thought that was a real deal.

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
i like the Baby Saver! i need to find something like that.

the rat bike aesthetic certainly has it's charms :)

hey, does anyone have a photo of how the front motor mount looks on this type arrangement?

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I really like that name. And it makes a very cool motorized bicycle. Nice job. Thanks for sharing the pictures...........................

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
i like the Baby Saver! i need to find something like that.

the rat bike aesthetic certainly has it's charms :)

hey, does anyone have a photo of how the front motor mount looks on this type arrangement?
I dig the purple rat, it has some great charactor.

Here is a shot of how I do my motor mounts. I use a 6" piece of 1" flat stock with a chunk of 1" black pipe cut in half and welded on one end. Bend the flat stock to fit where the engine lines up with it mounted to the seat post. After the bending I use muffler clampd to hold the mount to the bike frame, some will drill through the mount and bike frame and bolt everything together, I would not reccomend this method. Hopes this helps...Kelly