Jackshaft problems!

GoldenMotor.com

Terminator84

Nov 3, 2019
Hello i recently bought this kit i put it all right here but after i started to try it after a few hundred meters however the middle chain from the small gear wheel to the pedal fell i went home i reconfigured the tensioner however i still don't know what to do!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I'm guessing your chain and sprockets are misaligned. Try your best to align them. On my old bike, my chain fell off often, towards the inside. If it snagged on the mounting nuts and bolts, the chain would snap. I used SBP's Jump Stop, which seemed to help some.

On my next bike, I'm making a "sheet metal sandwich", using thin-gauge stainless steel larger in diameter than my 24-tooth drive sprocket. That should keep the chain from jumping off.

Orrr, you could install a larger sprocket towards the inside of your 24t sprocket, to act as a barrier.

Good luck. I know very well, how frustrating this problem can be. Try your alignment first, then the Jump-Stop.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Hello i recently bought this kit i put it all right here but after i started to try it after a few hundred meters however the middle chain from the small gear wheel to the pedal fell i went home i reconfigured the tensioner however i still don't know what to do!
Chain line accuracy is everything when building a drivetrain. The best straightedge you can get will make your life easier matching sprocket geometry. Rack of eye is not something that works in our applications. My current build uses a jack shaft of sorts call a Reduction Drive by Sportsman Flyer and ate some sprockets because I assumed chain line was a no brainer. It isn't. Use the best straight edge you can get clamped to the receiving sprocket. Most likely you will be able it right soon.
Tom .