jackshaft bracket?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by WOLF IV, Jan 16, 2009.

1. WOLF IV

WOLF IV New Member

imgetting ready to do a 3 stage paing job on the kit brackets and cant seem to figure out how the left side bracket works? its got a 90 degree angle iron welded to it??? wheres this go and whats its function?

2. Large Filipino

Do you have a pic?

3. europorsche914

europorsche914 New Member

i believe it is for reinforcement. Too bad they didnt implement a similar piece on the other side cause mine other plate is twisted from the power my engine is puttin out...

4. Pablo

Pablo Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

The stiffener goes on the outside. The new HD bracket is not well depicted in our pictures. We need to update the photos. Otherwise the bracket installation is as shown in the manual and there is only one way to install it. Line it up with the clutch cover holes and you will see.

5. Fishermanblues

Fishermanblues New Member

it is for reinforcement , you don't need to worry about attaching it to anything.

6. Pablo

So you have a kit with a left bracket stiffener and your right bracket is bending?

7. Ghost0

Ghost0 New Member

I wonder if europorsche914 has the aluminum tie bracket? That stiffens up the works nicely.

8. Pablo

Tomorrow Jim and I can post some of the picts of the stuff we are talking about. The tie bracket is shown in the picture at the bottom of page 11:

Shifter Kit Install Manual

The left bracket is shown on page 9 amongst others.

9. europorsche914

europorsche914 New Member

10. Pablo

11. WOLF IV

WOLF IV New Member

Cool, Got It.... Yeah, The Directions And Pictures Both Are Misleading On Showing The Old Plate W/out A Stiffiner. The Only Way I New It Was The Right Bracket Was The Pics Of The Parts Shown In Actual Kit (but Still Unsure, Seeing As To Me It Didnt Seem To Be The Most Cosmeticly Pleasing Way To Strengthen An Also Visual Bracket) This Caused The Confusion. I Know It Will Cause Warranty Issues But Im Going To Cut Off The Angle And Thicken Up The Plate And Looks Like Ill Do The Right Side Plate As Well... Thanks For All The Info!!!!! Im Changing This Design For Cosmetic Purposes Only.. Otherwise Great Design! Infact Square Tubing Would Be The Only Strong Option, Angle Is (really) Strong Though. Ill Just Add1/8'' Stainless Plating To The Outsides... Not As Strong, But Twice As Strong Than W/out..

Attached Files: