It's all about fun.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Upshifter, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Upshifter

Upshifter New Member

About a week ago, I was surfing the web and happened to see some motorized bike kits. I know about motorized bikes because I had several Whizzers when I was a teenager. Also, a friend of mine gave me an O&R Chicken Power engine several years ago,but I never started it.

So, I thought that it might be fun to build a motorized bicycle. I ordered a kit. I got to thinking about it, and decided to order another one. After all, I don't believe they'll remain at 120 dollars much longer, or some bureaucrat will figure out a way to stop importing them.

I got the first one today, and will probably get the second one on 29 December. I've got a nice mountain bike to install one on. I have no real use for the other kit yet, but I know I will. I phoned a friend about how cheap those kits are going for, and he got carried away and ordered one, too. He ordered his from Canada.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here because there is so much good information coming from good people. Thank you.

2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Howdy Upshifter, welcome.

3. Technocyclist

Technocyclist Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist

Welcome to the madness... Post some pics of your build...

4. hiker472

hiker472 Member

Glad you could join us, Upshifter, and welcome to the forum!!

.boogy1a

5. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome.

Actually, the prices have been dropping for awhile now. My first engine kits were a "bargain" at 160++ with 29 dollars shipping. Now you can get one from the same seller for 120 bux shipped.

I have bought them as low as 90 dollars shipped.

6. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us.

7. Upshifter

Upshifter New Member

I got the kit yesterday, and today I started sizing things up. The engine fits the Giant Iguana like a glove; and I have some Mongoose XR-75 suspension forks for it. The steering head is shorter on the Giant by about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. I'll have to cut them down, but there are plenty of threads so I won't have to re-thread it.

Attached Files:

8. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

It's gonna be a good looking bike, Upshifter. Just one question; what's keeping it standing up? Let us know how it runs and ask if you have any problems.
    Tom

9. Upshifter

Upshifter New Member

It's leaned up against the cabinets behind it. I did that because the side stand would tilt it at an angle and I wanted it vertical for the picture. The picture still didn't come out well and do the bike justice.

10. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Lookin' good Upshifter! and you have room for a battery high and forward!

You have enough room for a 2 stroke and a 4 banger as back up. very cool. Giants are great