Is this part any good?

GoldenMotor.com

Khalil Brooks

May 10, 2020
Basically says it in the title. I’m working on a tight budget and saw this piece. It’s price is appealing because most of the clamshell adapters are upwards of $50. I figure I may need to replace the hose clamp thing on their but does anyone have experience using this piece?
AAC696AB-882D-48AD-89E6-BB3FEA54B66F.png

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Basically says it in the title. I’m working on a tight budget and saw this piece. It’s price is appealing because most of the clamshell adapters are upwards of $50. I figure I may need to replace the hose clamp thing on their but does anyone have experience using this piece? View attachment 105853
I have used these on a couple bikes -This part requires you to use the 2 piece Rag Joint rubbers, and the 3 pc. Backing plates, which come with the kits. It assembles using the 9 bolts through the spokes, same as typical Rag Joint. This set up allows a much better "Centered" sprocket mount, Does Not rely on the Hose clamp for clamping power, but gives a better centered sprocket.
Downside is it's only using 18 of the 36 spokes to drive the wheel. And no lateral adjustment when aligning with the engine sprocket.
Nothing is better than the clam shell adapters/w 3 bolt sprocket which actually clamp the hub which in turn uses all 36 spokes to drive the wheel.