Is this build enough to be able to pull?

GoldenMotor.com

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
Hello,

I have a couple questions for yea if you have any good advice it’d be appreciated. I have a 26 inch Walmart margaritaville beach cruiser. I’ve upgraded to a volt master BBR cdi box n coil, and I’m trying to get my bike to cruise in the mid part of the power band at about 30-33 MPH. That way I have room to open it if I need to. I bought a dellorto clone carb but switched back to my NT carb for the time being because of performance issues. I heard that the dellorto clones stock run rich. And that won’t do me any good with my other new recent upgrade, my prized 32T rear sprocket. Now I know a lot of people say not to go lower than a 36T. But I’m only riding on flat lands and only weigh 130lbs. Can I mod the stock muffler to get more torque? Or should I switch back to my 44 and order the 36? Or keep the 32 until I can get an expansion chamber...those are so pricey though. I’d really rather stick with stock muffler for now. Any input? Oh and might it be too much torque for the 415 chain? I can get it to start and flip over but it runs very jagged and sputters. Haven’t been able to speed it up enough to get out of whatever that bad stutter stage is. Whenever I apply the slightest throttle it snapps the chain. Haven’t put the 44 back on to test that theory yet or if it’s just a bad chain though.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
snapping chain is usually because chain is not straight and climbs up the side of rear sprocket

start there, as if chain won't stay on, you don't want to go faster

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I agree with crassius..... fix your chain issues (& I say also get a good front brake) BEFORE trying to go faster!!

Everyone wants to go fast but they don't think about the serious consequences of crashing on a cheap bike at high speed. :(

Soraandaxell

Sep 18, 2018
Today I’m reconnecting My old chain links to make room for my 44 tooth sprocket that I am reinstalling today I had no trouble and around the 44 but I had terrible jagged running with the 32 I’m thinking about getting the 36 instead