Is it unethical to put harley badges on my gas tank?

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I'm trying to mimic a 1970 rat rod Harley davidson. If you do not know the definition of rat rod you need to look it up because it is not what you probably think it is.

A ratrod is a conglomeration of this and that it is thrown together in a haphazard manner that suggests one might be contemplating suicide by rust.

Now my bike has been put together a lot better than that but it's been made to look as if it's distressed.

Would it be unethical for me to put Harley-Davidson emblems on my personal bikes gas tank? Please refer to the pictures below. Let me know what you think guys.

Attachments

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Sure I put Harley Bling on my Whizzer
Live to Ride - Ride to Live
HD Air filter cover as a clutch cover on the Whizzer belt guard
HD stick on Gas cap cover
HD light visor
Now some people ask if it's a Harley, I tell them it's a HARDLY LOL
DSCF3511.JPG

DSCF3512.JPG
DSCF3515.JPG

DSCF3705.JPG
DSCF3708.JPG

Last edited:

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
They (the harley badges) are just a bit bulky and dont quite give it the look I am going for but its still going to say H.D. on it.

I am going to put " Easy Rider American flags" on the tank if I use the metal tank.

I found something that fits in the "gas tank" area of my bike that I have cut/epoxy/ plastic welded and gas tank sealed.

See my photos.

Its the cross bar on a "child at play" figure that I found on a curbside cleanup pile near my house.

What I did is I cut it so that each side had a flap and then I plasti welded it down smooth and then I use the gas tank sealer on the inside of it to seal it up used a 2 liter coke bottle top as the filler hole. And then epoxy the crap out of the whole thing to make sure it was all sealed and used some fiberglass casting material tape to cover it.

Fiberglass casting material came from my friend's mom who is a doctor and has access to tape that you add water to and it activates a chemical in it and it turns fiberglass hard.

The fuel capacity is 2.5 Liters. This of course is just a prototype that I'm working on I will be much better when I am hot on it.

I will send pictures of it when I have it installed on my bike. Which will probably be tomorrow first thing in the morning as soon as I get down to Napa and get a screw on self-sealing Petcock valve to put in the bottom of it.

Thank you all for your inspiration and ideas and input.

When you get to heaven look for me I'm going to be the bartender and the drinks will be on me!

Attachments

Last edited:

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sure I put Harley Bling on my Whizzer
Live to Ride - Ride to Live
HD Air filter cover as a clutch cover on the Whizzer belt guard
HD stick on Gas cap cover
HD light visor
Now some people ask if it's a Harley, I tell them it's a HARDLY LOL
View attachment 111009
View attachment 111012 View attachment 111013
View attachment 111014 View attachment 111015
I played around with hardly davison ... but I had to shoot too many people because they were making fun of me because they thought I was dyslexic or illiterate body count got too high and had to quit

• Haha
Reactions: wrench

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
Create your own name for the bike. Then create a simple logo. Example, "Junkyard Dog" Search Google for a line drawing of a dog. For this example, I would choose something like a bulldog. Maybe like the Mack Truck dog.

Search fonts and choose one. Face the dog forward on both sides. Place it in a diamond or oval shape. Outside of the diamond or oval have Junkyard Dog on the top and maybe Cycleworks on the bottom.

Once you have a basic idea get it on paper. Then use clear cellophane packing tape to cover it. Next cut it out using an X-Acto knife.

You can now use it as a stencil to spray paint it on the bike.

Keep it simple, simple line drawing, simple overall design no fancy font. Make extra copies, YOU WILL NEED THEM.

Some of you will be spending hours, as in days and weeks thinking about this. Have a good day.

Reactions: Mossy