Iron Sleeve Cylinder

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by cannonball2, Nov 9, 2019.

1. cannonball2

cannonball2 Well-Known Member

#1 cannonball2, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. lewdog7431

lewdog7431 Active Member

A bro I just got one myself and I'm wondering if you'd used it stock or have you done any porting ,trimming, any adjustment, I'm interested for the most part if you can share any info that would be most appreciated ,thanks .........lewdog

3. cannonball2

cannonball2 Well-Known Member

Haven’t even run it yet as life has gotten in the way of MBs for a while. I did assemble it on the Runwell with the proper piston and the Grubee head that came with the cylinder. One thing I found that the Grubee piston (Super Rat engine)that this cylinder was designed for is 1mm taller. Than the piston I installed, so this is as assembled a lower compression engine. I am fine with that as I built it for longevity. If it lacks power there is an approximately 1mm ring on the head that can be milled off to raise the compression back to where it should be. I left the cylinder as received, but agree there is much cleaning of the liner in the ports to improve flow. I wanted to see how it ran as was. My guess it will run fine for my needs, not looking to for max output, but reliability and no extra work.

4. javy mcdees

javy mcdees Active Member

I bought 2 one lasted a bit but needed to be honed round before use. the second one was honed round and used 4 miles before the sleeve dropped down. had to peddle home on my birth day. the other one is still ok and a spare I have ready, that one lasted for a bit.