intake manifold?

GoldenMotor.com

jerseykat1

anyone know where i can get shorter or custom angled intake manifolds for the Chinese frame mount engine kits? i would like to install the "80cc" motor kit on a Next avalon bike from walmart and the intake manifold is not allowing me to install the carb. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

lestat101

Jul 15, 2008
anyone know where i can get shorter or custom angled intake manifolds for the Chinese frame mount engine kits? i would like to install the "80cc" motor kit on a Next avalon bike from walmart and the intake manifold is not allowing me to install the carb. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same problem on build, I had a peice of 1/8th steel with a 5/8 hole drilled in it then toke some .065 tubing and bent it at a 45deg angle. Next I had a friend weld the two together. Now my carb comes off the left side of the bike and it is soild. I can take picture later if you need a visual?

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Norm, the builder of insane bike equitment, aircraft,and pretty much anything else he wants. I'm proud to know him. (c) Never make a man with a blow torch in his hand angry
rotfl

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
A bootleg fix that worked for me was this:

I cut the original manifold and it caused a leak, I bought a second one and cut the flange off, then I took a piece of hose, and clamped the two together and now the carb sits out to the side of the frame just so that everything fits and I can adjust the idler screw. I got a pic of this in the "Leave a tip" thread.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
For $30.00 I'll make you an off set intake manifold out of steel shipping is included in the cost, it should out last your engine no cheap aliminum used. If your not happy with it return it for refund less the cost of shipping I'll include a gasket with the intake.
Norman
PM me in you are interested.

mytjad

Sep 19, 2010
SE WI
Has anyone tried going to your local small engine shop? the intake flange is the same as most typical yardworking engines of both 2 and 4 stroke. I used one off of a poulan mower. It's on an angle that put my carb to the side just enough that the air cleaner doesnt hit the frame. It cost $7. at the Sears parts store.