Insurer fraud

GoldenMotor.com

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Thanks Weedy. It helps a little.

Their have been suicides down here from the actions of insurance companies after Hurricanes Rita and Ike. They just keep denying, denying and denying claims.

Fema is no better. The same old bureaucracy as in the past. Deny, deny, etc.

Don't believe them when they say "you're in good hands".

Ted

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Another place, maybe the same as the last: The Allstate Abuse SiteRing
Although Allstate isn't always evil, they are the leader in ripping off their claimants. Other companies, in order to compete with Allscrew, have started resorting to the same tactics.
It looks like we are faced with even more of this attitude and method as the economy tightens.

I remember a Native American guy camping in his yard in Northridge California for years after the '94 earthquake. The insurance company(Allspit):confused: hired people off the streets to pose as structural engineers to claim the damage was preexisting. They were given counterfeit seals to mark the inspection reports.
The list of crimes goes on and on.
Ruined lives, broken families, bankrupt claimants, and suicides litter the trail to Allscrew's profits for its stockholders.
How about it Cruiser? Their stock dropped like a rock in October, hope you divested before then. I'm hoping they go belly up. I'd like to amputate those "good hands".

DAVID02895

Nov 14, 2008
Rhode Island
Well that is good to know. I am closing on a house the end of this month and have to call a few places for quotes next week. I don't think they will be on my call list. I am the manager at a auto body shop and I deal with insurance companies all the time. They are tough!

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
A certain insurance company which may have been mentioned here paid over $10,000 to replace 2/3 of my 19 year old roof after one valley failed during a flooding rain, causing a leak. They never inspected it and took my estimate as gospel (I was honest with them). I'm not going to complain about the service I'm getting.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Another place, maybe the same as the last: The Allstate Abuse SiteRing
Although Allstate isn't always evil, they are the leader in ripping off their claimants. Other companies, in order to compete with Allscrew, have started resorting to the same tactics.

The usual tactic was to tighten the screws on a certain demographic and/or geographic area until someone takes notice. Then relax the screws and move the "operation" to another area. One, maybe two or three of the "Big " companies has been CONVICTED of racketeering and fraud on more than one occasion.
There is also a lottery type of claims settlement. A certain number of claims sail right through the "adjustment" process and are paid promptly. These cases are far outnumbered by the denied claims.