Inconsistant Power at Full Throttle

GoldenMotor.com

Killall4u

Nov 14, 2019
So when I'm riding along, there's a small amount of play in the throttle in which the bike gains power. However when I go to full throttle, the bike starts decreasing in power. Do I need to make the needle setting more rich? It seems like its getting too much air and not enough gas maybe. Any thoughts? Please let me know if there are any questions.

Reactions: indian22

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If it’s a new engine I would wait till it’s completely broken in, around 200-250 miles and then start tuning the carb. At wide open throttle the main jet controls the fuel, moving the needle clip does nothing. A jet change is what will correct it.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Moving the clip up higher makes the needle longer so it restricts fuel flow from the bowl longer, try higher to see if it helps.

Killall4u

Nov 14, 2019
I put the needle up one setting but it didnt change anything as far as how it runs. I am just now recently dealing with some weird thing that feels like the engine looses compression for a second or two then kicks back in. And it keeps happening every time I ride it. Not sure what the deal is.

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
After you check you exhaust and vacuum leaks. Feel your fuel line. If you find a spot softer than the rest replace. Remove your spark plug and post a picture of it.