If Someone Could Kindly Post Pictures of The Best Motorized Bicycle in the World.

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi Tony01. Thank you for that insightful post, I appreciate it. Back in the day the Q-matic has the clutch on the jack shaft. You have a wealth of knowledge that I appreciate you share with us. You save us from making many mistakes. I was raised in Burlingame since 1951. It was mostly cow pastures with an insurance building. I moved to Santa Clara from 1980 - 2002. Don’t let those yuppies influence you unless you’re already one of them.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me Tony01. I have been drinking today. I didn’t mean to show that I am old school. You mentioned design. Look at the Jeep, it has that look from the 1940’s, people love it, look at the Fins on the cars from the 1950’s when we were still learning about rockets, look at that the free flowing designs of the 1960’s, we were fiercely competing with other countries to reach the moon and come back home, those cars were beautiful. They had character. The design connects us to the machine. Look at Tom’s bike. That’s a design from before 1910. It’s too cool for school. E bikes need a design unique to them. They are a long way from that.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
E bikes need a design unique to them. They are a long way from that.
I'm diggin my Rad Rover 5 Fat Tire E Bike
I didn't get it to ride on the road but to ride all terrain off road
I highly recommend it, It's quite the adventure
The only way to explore is to bring an extra battery, I don't even Pedal LOL
2022 Pics of Riding the beach at Camp Pendelton Marine Base CA.
DSCF7831.JPG

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Excuse me Tony01. I have been drinking today. I didn’t mean to show that I am old school. You mentioned design. Look at the Jeep, it has that look from the 1940’s, people love it, look at the Fins on the cars from the 1950’s when we were still learning about rockets, look at that the free flowing designs of the 1960’s, we were fiercely competing with other countries to reach the moon and come back home, those cars were beautiful. They had character. The design connects us to the machine. Look at Tom’s bike. That’s a design from before 1910. It’s too cool for school. E bikes need a design unique to them. They are a long way from that.
Hey Zean. A yuppie would never work in a shop in Santa Clara. Yep exactly like a qmatic. Perfect

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Oh yeah, 17 years and over 40K miles on my 2005 NE-5

2017 Cool pic of the #3
View attachment 110478
View attachment 110474
Speedo needle broke after 37,000 miles
I guess I had her pegged @ 50mph one to many times, But the odometer still works
View attachment 110469
Jan 2022 A few pics of riding thru the SoCal desert where she turned 40,000 miles
View attachment 110488
View attachment 110477
Wind Farms outside Ocotillo
View attachment 110489
View attachment 110479

View attachment 110483
Ocotillo, Lazy Lizard Bar & Grill off Hwy S2
Great place to stop for a beverage
View attachment 110484
Hwy 98 on the CA./Mexico Boarder
View attachment 110481
The key to happiness is routine maintenance
I got tired of seeing this 47' WC frame kicked around the various forums market place the last few months and the 2cycle 'whizzla' is finally on the drawing board... For the same money as a Cranbrook without all the junk that comes with it...

Attachments

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I got tired of seeing this 47' WC frame kicked around the various forums market place the last few months and the 2cycle 'whizzla' is finally on the drawing board... For the same money as a Cranbrook without all the junk that comes with it...
That Schwinn WZ frame is still there because the guy didn't prove it's a WZ frame by showing the serial #

It's probably a frame that someone dimpled by themselves and not a true Factory Schwinn WZ frame. Making it only worth $100

Mossy

May 20, 2022
That Schwinn WZ frame is still there because the guy didn't prove it's a WZ frame by showing the serial #

It's probably a frame that someone dimpled by themselves and not a true Factory Schwinn WZ frame. Making it only worth $100
I'll post the serial number when it shows up... I'm more about if it's a heavyweight frame and that it's straight... I do wish I had some of the Maytag washer motors I had collected decades ago for something like this... Check out those dimples if it's homemade it's a good homemade and your silver certificate $100 bills are worth more than you think today old dog

Attachments

Reactions: wrench

Mossy

May 20, 2022

Mr Wrench it Doesn't ?? have a serial number that I can find... 2sets of holes for the badge like it was rebadged? It feels heavy even compared to the Shelby frame... I'm not ever going to try and pass it off as original anything to anyone I never sell or work on other people bikes or anything else... I'm just curious about it ... Thank you

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Mr Wrench it Doesn't ?? have a serial number that I can find... 2sets of holes for the badge like it was rebadged? It feels heavy even compared to the Shelby frame... I'm not ever going to try and pass it off as original anything to anyone I never sell or work on other people bikes or anything else... I'm just curious about it ... Thank you
Old Schwinns either have the serial numbers underneath the bottom bracket, on the rear dropout or on the head tube.... In your case check the dropouts

Mossy

May 20, 2022
No matter what it is, it wouldn’t hurt to brace it up.
Do you have any suggestions on welding on a cast iron bottom bracket that's brazed on to the tubes ? I'm going to want to bridge the area where the kick stand would be and the seat post up to when the engine mounts would be...

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Do you have any suggestions on welding on a cast iron bottom bracket that's brazed on to the tubes ? I'm going to want to bridge the area where the kick stand would be and the seat post up to when the engine mounts would be...
Sleeve the seat tube, weld up the seat stays to top tube, maybe put a gusset between fender mount and seat post. Also a head tube gusset and maybe gussets near the rear axle. Really depends on the build, how you ride, etc.