I would like to know

GoldenMotor.com

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
what kind of speedometer/odometer ya'll have. I have a Worksman PAV. The distance between the fork leg and the spokes is too great for the transmiter and the magnate. This distance is supposed to be 1mm, which is almost touching. I need some type of "bracket" to attach to the fork so the transmiter can attach to the bracket. The old dial type speedometer/odometer will not work because the axle is too large and the front wheel has drum brake. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Would using JB-weld and a plate of metal get you close to where you want to be? Use the quick set JB to glue on a mount for your thing. You can use masking tape to build a dam to put the JB in to build up the area then grind it to shape with a dremel or file/sandpaper etc. Just some ideas for you .

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
or a spacer underneath the transmitter to put it closer then mount with your tie straps. i use a cheap schwinn one and you can angle the pickup on the tube towards the wheel

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
For looks I have a cheap mechanical one that sorta works +/- 5mph. If I actually want to know how fast I'm going I zip tie my GPS to the handle bars for an accurate reading. I was alway told that the CDI on our bikes would interfear with the standard bike computer but it sounds like you guys are having success with them...Kelly

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
This cycle computer is a Schwinn (around $10 from Walmart). I emailed Worksman about a bracket. He said they would try to design a bracket. I have some ideas but am limited on equipment and skills. I an gping to try to draw a sketch and send to Worksman. Thanks for your suggestions.

I read the forum several times a day and really enjoy the comments, stories,ideas, builds. and pictures.

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
I started out with a Bell wireless speedo (walmart).It punked out after about 150mi.Upgraded to a Cateye with a wire which worked fine for about 300mi.than got a mind of its own.I'm out $50.00 total and pissed.Not quite broke yet I bought some ferrite filters off Ebay.Turns out The Cateye snaps into a base unit and has 2 small contact points.I polished these points applied a little vaseline and that fixed it.Got 800mi.on it.
To get to my point,I bought a 5 pack of these filters.I don't know if there's anything to this interference theory,but if your convinced you need one send me a PM.Free to first 3 responders.Ron