I wish

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
search was easier to find. I did a search today to try to pull up a post about removing the front sprocket. it took me like twenty minutes to find it and I'm not sure I got the right one. I think new people would get discouraged before they ever found anything. It's the problem I had with the other site as well. Some one really needs to organize the tips and instructions in alphabetical form by subject and retytle the posts somehow so they are easier to find. Or something I don't know.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I un nominate deacon lol If there was an alphabetizing program I might do it. But I'm just not that smart any more lol

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
have you tried using advanced search then search by title? it makes it much quicker and easier. that is why it is important we put in the title of the thread what the thread is about. to search by title click on search and choose advance search. on the next page where it says key words type in sprocket. under that is a pull down menu that says search entire posts change that to search titles only. try that and it helps alot

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
As per your instructions there were 17 pages of sprockets.. and yes I think retitling the ones to put on the instruction list is necessary. Sometimes those important things are really just answers to someones inquires like pablo's answer to the spark plug thing. I think what I was looking for was an answer norman gave to someone asking how to remove that sprocket so it wouldn't be in a title.

I think when we see something like that, we need to add it to a special thread somewhere under a new title that is descriptive just recopy the information and post it under a thread like an encyclopedia listing.

Ie

Remove front sprocket: (then copy and paste that particular post) Keep the list alphabetical. It would be a great help tool.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
you need to make sure you use the pull down box to check titles only. thier is only 14 thread with sprockets in their title. you forgot to change search entire posts to search titles only.
thats why this thread should be titled i wish search function was easier to use something like that so the thread could be useful to others as well. these forums are tough to find things and narowing down to title search only makes it a whole lot easier if what the thread is about is in the title

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
deacon i am at work so i cannot look but will when i get home. if you find it before me please pm me a link and i will title it front sprocket removal or something so we can find it easier down the road. it may be in norman engine tear down i don't remember for sure.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Lets get norm to just write us an answer and then title it and post it. He knows exactly what to do. really simple removing the front socket for dummies kind of thing.

if it sounds too complicated send it to me and i'll dummy it down. I can do that no problem since I'm the sites official dummy. lol

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
sounds good and i apreciate you pointing out stuff to me that should go into the classic area deacon. thank you

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I just mention things I know someone else is gonna ask and we are never going to find it buried in the middle of a post like that. But you probably do need to retitle them so that they can be found easily after you move them.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
to try to help with the search on this site i added a box you can check on the search so it searches titles only, you used to have to go into advance search and was hard to change but finnally i got it done. top of the forum you will see the new forum search. the other search still works for advanced ect. i am slow but i try to make the site the best i can for you all

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Sometimes doing a simple google search would show the thread you're looking for. I think there's a way to do a google search within this forum but I don't know what you need to type in as an address.