I surfed my way to a video with a motorized bike build.

GoldenMotor.com

zing

Feb 23, 2019
Greetings from new member. I'll be 65 in April and I've always loved motorcycles and I still have a cb 350 project bike I will always work on ; )

I just couldn't resist jumping right in after seeing the first motorized build on the tube site !
I was hooked immediately. Sometimes you just know something will be a perfect fit !! I ordered a generic kit and have a bike or two I'm already altering to fit me a little better.

The more builds I watched, the more I realized I probably don't need to buy more kits. I looked around my sheds and such and found several great flat head small engines and two cycles that had been removed to be upgraded or minor issues, but I kept them and I'm now glad I did.

My first build is an old sears free spirit bike I got at a yard sale. The guy had taken a sturmi archer 3 speed off the bike and it was now single speed with a coaster brake. I took it home and cut the chain stays and welded in 8 inches of tube that stretched the rear 8 inches. For the top support I used some bent square tubing and I removed the seat. The rear of the bike now looks like a cargo bike but with the back of a mini bike to sit on. I'll post pictures later in the right forum.

I'm looking forward to a lot of reading and can't wait to see more of the members builds !

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

zing

Feb 23, 2019
Thank you for the welcomes to this great site This is a a good place to find inspiration and ideas. I worked in my garage late last night welding and grinding on my stretched cargo bike.

I now live in Georgia but I lived in San Gabriel through high school and I got to spend a lot of summer days at Venice Beach. I'll bet Venice has always been a magnet for creative people.

I read several mentions by a builder or two here and elsewhere that are altering their bikes to fit our worn out 60 + year old bodies : ). The first thing I noticed when I got on a bike for the first time in years was that the geometry wasn't quite the same for me like when I was in my teens when a 20 plus mile excursion on our bikes to Pasadena and back was no big deal L O L

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
LOL need a old bike like you had? I am 77 and try to pedal every day during the summer, a excersize machine in the winter. Can't wait to see some pictures of your build............Curt

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon