I had a couple of drinks and I'm a little bit tipsy then I ...

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Then I went out on my motorized bicycle the other day and after about 10 miles riding and a couple more swigs I noticed about a thousand feet ahead there was a 5 inch diameter tree across the entire length of the bike lane. I looked over my left shoulder to check for cars in the adjacent car lane. I got a glimpse of a motorcycle behind me, signaled with my left hand pointing down to the car lane, gave my bike a handful of throttle and went into the car lane to pass that fallen tree. I re-entered the bike lane and continued at a speed of 45 to 50 mph for about 15 to 20 seconds. The street I was on is about seven miles long and flat. I think I can see at least a half a mile down that street and no one was in the bike lane nor the adjacent sidewalk other wise I would not travel that fast or endanger anyone. I continued at that speed for 15 or 20 seconds because I was doing 20-25mph before and the 45 to 50mph broke the boredom and felt good. That motorcycle I glimpsed at was the police and he pulled me over. I was courteous and he was very busy checking his computer for motorbicycling rules and laws. He was professional and did not notice that I was a little bit tipsy. He gave me a ticket for 480.00 dollars. I had a motorized bicycle license plate and only a regular driver's license. The ticket was 45 in a 30mph zone, no safety lights and no motorcycle license or permit. I am a little bit more careful now.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Yes, thank you. It hurt a little bit to pay that. I think fifteen dollars of the fine was a charge for paying on the computer. Just before the officer asked me to sign the ticket he said, "I'm giving you a break on..." I forgot what additional charge I violated that he explained and did not include in the ticket.