I don't have enough space to mount my carburetor between the engine and the frame

GoldenMotor.com

claytoncarpenter8

Sep 21, 2015
Tennessee
Is there any way I could extend the carburetor witha piece of pipe or anything to make it fit. The reason it does not fit is because I installed the universal U-Mount because my frame was too thick, and that raised the engine, making me unable to install the carb. I have the NTTC Carburetor from my kit.

caoboy

Sep 3, 2015
modesto
You might be able to buy an offset intake tube.

I think I've seen people do that.

Other than that, it might be a cut turn and weld job.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Definitely post a pic... the last thing you want is to have to use an offset intake... especially if you like going fast...
Mine had clearance issues and I got mine to fit on with a shorty intake, i had to notch the air filter housing a little tho, but it all fit... barely...

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
One of the members here, Powertool, used a copper elbow from the plumbing section of a hardware store. Slice the end going over the intake, and secure it with a hose clamp. Or at least that's what it appears. I plan to try it myself, when I install a motor on my Roadmaster Granite Peak, which is the same make/model bike he built.

Like everyone else says post a pic!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup, that's ugly... but if the filter isn't restricted sometimes that's what needs to be done...
A shorty intake would solve that problem tho if you can find one, it would put the carb about 1" closer to the cylinder and about 1" lower as well. It will move the powerband up just a little but that could be a good thing depending on how you ride.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Yeah, I don't have a short intake, I was considering grinding some off on the bench grinder to make it fit better, but, meh, it's been this way for 100s of miles.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Tell me again how you don't have enough room....

Where there's a will. there's a way.

(This build sold to a female rider minus RM125 pipe btw)

dob1385

Sep 9, 2015
new mexico
I've dealt with this before. I have purchased and built longer intakes but they do seem to rob power. Best thing that I found was the combination of a short "straight shot" intake and an all foam air filter

Feb 2, 2017
California
I have put on a Billet, "Big-Mouth" Intake Manifold on it since I wrote that and now it fits perfectly.

brnot
Good lawd, $35 for that?? Funny how things work right? Like how manufacturers build certain things and it comes out costing the same to them from a 'standard' product to an 'upgraded' product..... like in this case, just opening up the hole bigger and charging 10x more for it or whatever. Was jut thinking.

Anyway, does that intake give you any kind of performance boost at all?

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Good lawd, $35 for that?? Funny how things work right? Like how manufacturers build certain things and it comes out costing the same to them from a 'standard' product to an 'upgraded' product..... like in this case, just opening up the hole bigger and charging 10x more for it or whatever. Was jut thinking.

Anyway, does that intake give you any kind of performance boost at all?
I'm not sure that is the right price, when I got it I paid about $15. I didn't really get much of a noticeable performance upgrade, although, more fuel can flow from the carb so maybe the throttle is more immediate and responsive, I've even flooded it a few times.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2013
earth
www.Frankenbikes.com
this may be may FAVORITE THREAD of ALL TIME! (or just the perfect % of PBR...)

maniac57 - you remind me of what I luv about this pastime. JUST MAKE IT WORK!!

and you turned your air filter into a skull! then

Tyler6357 - That is what I call a true solve! Did you step on it and then stick it on? That is (was) a killer solution

anyway thanks for reminding me to keep making $#!t up!!

el

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
this may be may FAVORITE THREAD of ALL TIME! (or just the perfect % of PBR...)

maniac57 - you remind me of what I luv about this pastime. JUST MAKE IT WORK!!

and you turned your air filter into a skull! then

Tyler6357 - That is what I call a true solve! Did you step on it and then stick it on? That is (was) a killer solution

anyway thanks for reminding me to keep making $#!t up!!

el
No, I just smashed it down with my hands, very slowly, so it wouldn't fall apart, it bends quite a bit. However, I have put a short intake on and I got a new filter that fits perfectly since I took that picture.