I bought a BGF long rod super racing motor

GoldenMotor.com

David

Feb 27, 2020
I can not get to run rite low RPM bought a reed valve and carb still low RPM so I bought a 2 window piston still does not run rite. Any suggestions. I am still running stock exaust could this be the problem?? Do I need an expansion chamber??

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum David, a lot of things can cause your problem. If the rear sprocket is too small that can be a problem, low compression is another. Give as much information as possible on what you have and what you've done and someone will help.

David

Feb 27, 2020
The motor i bought has a bcc head on it. I put a stock carb on it that came with a different motor I had. It had no top end so I bought a red line performance carb with a reed set up that bolts up to the cylinder. Still does not have the RPM it should. So I bought a 2 window piston, since I had head off i changed head gasket from thicker copper gasket to a very thin head gasket, hoping it will have a little more compression still low RPM. I have a 42 tooth sprocket on bike. I am going to buy some 100 octain gas hope that does it. Any one have this problem or have any suggestions?? Before I buy a new motor can any one tell me witch one will work best with a cylinder and intake with reeds and an Oki carb I bought off internet, thought it would work on the long rod motor but it will not need short rod motor.am I wasting my money or should I just buy a Frankenstein motor????