13" Riser Handlebars
Tektro Front Brakes
DURO Beach Bum White Wall Tires

Paint - Flat Black & Semi Gloss Black

Attachments

MindStorm

Oct 10, 2016
California
pretty straight forward build other then the down tube is larger then the engine mount space so adapter is needed, unless your engine is made for the wide down tube. You may be able to dremel out the mount for a direct fit. I like the HD (Heavy Duty) front engine mount, very solid - found on Ebay ($11).

*Install front brakes for a safer ride.

brnot

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
I lucked out and had the "Big U-bolt" adapter in my engine kit- otherwise, I would have been able to mount my engine a lot lower than what I did. So far, I haven't really ran into anything bad- might need stronger wheels...? If I could locate a disk-brake fork that looked "stock" and bolt up, I think that woould also be a nice upgrade. While I'm "wishing".... a good sprocket/hub adapter would be sweet.

scratg

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
AAARRRRG, Mindstorm! My favorite bike in my favorite coloooooor! YES! Do you mind me asking, WHAT is that mounted by the front wheel.... some sort of add-on disk brake?
That bike is Stinking Cool. Have you done a Schwinn Aerovane yet? That's like my other favorite bike.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Looks awesome! Suweeet build!

That front fender is gonna try and kill ya. No kidding. They vibrate themselves just enough to go around a half turn and stop the front wheel dead. But you and the bike keep going. Don't end well.

I really like the flat black, almost military look. Purty work!

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
I notice Wally now only has the black bikes available.... Get one quick! It was an easy build! The only real upgrades to the bike itself (that I "had" to have) was Cranbrook Wheels and a long-reach front brake.

I notice Wally now only has the black bikes available.... Get one quick! It was an easy build! The only real upgrades to the bike itself (that I "had" to have) was Cranbrook Wheels and a long-reach front brake.
Is the long reach front brake better than using a disk brake adapter? And can you recommend where you got your brake? I'm about finished with motorizing a Cranbrook, and I'm scared of the lack of a front brake.

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
Sorry about the delay- I haven't attempted any disk-brake conversion on it, but I found a long-reach front brake set-up on ebay for fairly cheap- I searched front brake beach cruiser long reach and found it. I'm at work right now, so no ebay. The front brake is a BIG help in slowing down, so it's worth it.
Hope that helped.

Dmitry Pesko

Feb 16, 2020
I got the same exact bike, everything's standard. I'm only worried about the muffler clearing the cranks, as I don't have tools to bend it. Did yours clear the cranks ok?

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
Sorry about the slow reply. I've been "out" of this for a couple of years. I had to rotate the engine a bit (forward tilt) to get the stock muffler to point the way I wanted it to. I later got a better muffler which gave more power and still was pretty quiet. I really liked how well it made my motor run.