humbly sharing a few tips...

GoldenMotor.com

bobo60

Nov 23, 2019
Hello and as a newbie here but not to MB's just want to share a few tips that worked for me. Instead of always tightening and worrying about stripping the gas tank bolts out, I just took the tank off a junk lawnmower and used a huge clamp and put it behind my seat. Works great and no more tank hassle. I have Speed CNT carbs and to stop the vacumn leak where it connects to the intake, I put a strip of innertube tire around those slits in the carb neck and replaced their clamp with plain worm clamp and it fixed my leaks. I also sawed down my intake so I could make it fit with air cleaner on. For chain issues I use just 2 small flathead screwdrivers and tap all 4 corners of the link im removing and they just pop right off and the act doesn't damage or twist the chainand quicker than using the actual chain breaking tool. Then I put a regular master link on and minus the clip grind and tap the ends with flat mushroom punch and them babies never come off or apart. Using half links and adjusting the motor also lets me often run without a tensioner and no issues from it. I used a higher end lightweight Navaro mountain bike for this build and made a exhaust that is slightly louder but greatly improved performace at all throttle positions just made it long enough for needed back pressure. Used original muffler and amputated the baffle and added pipe length for happy medium on back pressure performance and of course noise level. I hope this helps someone and thanks again for the kind welcome,
Respectfully,
Bob from Texas

bobo60

Nov 23, 2019
Hello and as a newbie here but not to MB's just want to share a few tips that worked for me. Instead of always tightening and worrying about stripping the gas tank bolts out, I just took the tank off a junk lawnmower and used a huge clamp and put it behind my seat. Works great and no more tank hassle. I have Speed CNT carbs and to stop the vacumn leak where it connects to the intake, I put a strip of innertube tire around those slits in the carb neck and replaced their clamp with plain worm clamp and it fixed my leaks. I also sawed down my intake so I could make it fit with air cleaner on. For chain issues I use just 2 small flathead screwdrivers and tap all 4 corners of the link im removing and they just pop right off and the act doesn't damage or twist the chainand quicker than using the actual chain breaking tool. Then I put a regular master link on and minus the clip grind and tap the ends with flat mushroom punch and them babies never come off or apart. Using half links and adjusting the motor also lets me often run without a tensioner and no issues from it. I used a higher end lightweight Navaro mountain bike for this build and made a exhaust that is slightly louder but greatly improved performace at all throttle positions just made it long enough for needed back pressure. Used original muffler and amputated the baffle and added pipe length for happy medium on back pressure performance and of course noise level. I hope this helps someone and thanks again for the kind welcome,
Respectfully,
Bob from Texas

Attachments

Reactions: indian22 and FOG