Howdy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 4Fun, May 27, 2008.

1. 4Fun

4Fun New Member

I'm from Grand Rapids MI, but may be moving south somewhere this fall. I'm 44 single and at the moment, without a job. So I'm concentrating on R&D plans right now.

I'm looking to build a motorized bicycle with the following main goals.
    -Very likely pull a bicycle trailer
    -Economy budget
    -Easy conversion

I'm looking for a comfortable ride for fairly long hauls. Perhaps something like a low rider/semi recumbent.

I do have a 2cycle Craftsman (I think it's a)49cc(it's not local to me) still fully in tact which runs great.

I do not have the bicycle nor mounting stuff. I'm thinking heavy duty and hopefully with suspension. Would prefer a low rider/semi-recumbent as I need a back rest for my arthritic back.

I'll be posting questions for what's best suggested in the appropriate forums.

Looking forward to learning and going from there. Thanks!
    4fun (^)

2. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the forum 4fun.

3. paul

paul Active Member

welcome 4fun. i just moved from battle creek, mi south. all the way to the virgin islands. last winter was bad as you know and i had enough lol. glad to have you with us. on your motorized bicycle build one thing i will recomend is a springer front end or some kind of shock. it made all the difference in the world on my cruiser that i put a bicycle motor on. glad to have you with us

4. 4Fun

4Fun New Member

5. Ilikeabikea

Ilikeabikea Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Glad you joined...............