How-tos and new site features

GoldenMotor.com

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Below are some things that are new or have changed from the old software.

How to upload an image: You can drag and drop your image, or image url to the message box. You can copy an image, and then paste your image into your message. You can also use the upload button to add images. Any of those ways you can do with either single or multiple images.

If you add multiple images. They’ll show up like thumbnails below your message box. To insert those in your post, just click either the full size or thumbnail button, whichever you prefer in your message. They’ll insert wherever your cursor is in your message.

Private Messages: These are now called conversations. Hover the mail icon in the very top navigation bar once logged in. Keeps whole conversation rather than separate inbox and sent areas.

How to multi quote: As you go or before you start your message, you can click the reply button under each post. Each reply quote will be added to your compose box.

Logging out: Hover your name in the very top navigation bar. You’ll see all your account options there. Log Out is at the bottom.

Tagging: You can tag someone by using @username in any message and they’ll be sent an alert.

Currently online: There’s a green dot on the members profile avatar.

Auto saved draft messages: No more time outs. Messages are auto saved so you can finish anytime. You pick up where you left off on any device.

Media gallery: Add your own photos or videos. Like and comment on others.

Please share anything else you've discovered that new and useful, or a different way to do something from the old software. Maybe something that stumped you and you figured out.

I would like to keep this a helpful thread to point to, as everyone gets used to the changes.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cool an' thanks, Eric

Loven the no resizing, error messages when posting a picture.

I primarily use a chromebook and is sometimes a PITB on forums. But new software and it play real well together. (Chromebooks; A google product that can't use Google products. Dumbest $300 expenditure of my life and I am including the night I woke up behind a dumpster in Philadelphia wondering where my pants were. It's that bad and only kidding about Philadelphia. It was the Bronx.
wut?)

Thanks again for the expenditure and all the time you have put in. Get some sleep! Rome wasn't built in a day. yada, yada. And is up and running great. Tweek tomorrow.

But is purty awesome! ty!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not seeing any "how to"s and the help button on bottom doesn't have much either

how does one delete "alerts"?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Testing picture uploads, no go after waiting 4 min...file too large error
Would ya mind helping out and sending pics to me via email to let me test, Culver?

will PM ya my email if ya have the time to help? Know your busy so no worries if not.

OH, did you post as full sized or thumb?

Reactions: Blane

erics

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Testing picture uploads, no go after waiting 4 min...file too large error
My bad here! It was set at a 1MB cap. I must have reset it to default when fooling with settings.

Now the setting is 10MB pic cap and 10 pics per post cap. Try this again. Also, let me know if those limits seem unreasonable.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome! Very cool, Culver!

That is a pretty bike! Was just bs'n with Roo on another thread and he got me bike shopping again. Looking at your pic and day dreaming, her with a layback seat post and bobber fenders. Suweeet.

Reactions: culvercityclassic

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Hello Everybody!....I've been coasting for awhile,stopped in to lurk around and thought I made a mistake on the computer again...I see a new screen and format! ,I just knew I'd messed up this windup Dell again....I'm gonna have to stop by more often !....TIGMASTER....

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome DRK. Me too. Is pretty much just forum software but ya can do way more.

Kinda a dumb thing as I have cable internet (plenty fast enough for my needs) but it always annoyed me to click on a video link and find out it was not pertinent. With the upgrade, ya see it beforehand. Posting pictures was an ordeal. Now drag and drop or just post without error/sizing difficulties. Can customize a lot more. Being updated, has security updates. Dunno how hackers could get at ya but my entire business, income and work is internet related. Including banking, payroll etc. Finding out the software was no longer supported was not a fun thought.

Think I just like that it's faster and can do more. Gonna send Eric a beer gift card, lol.

I was kidding but they have beer gift baskets! That's pretty cool. Why am I surprised? (laughing@myself)

https://www.google.com/search?q=bee...0j69i57j0l4.7898j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

not fer nutton but my birthday is in March. Just say'n...