How to get the engine sprocket to reach farther to the left?

GoldenMotor.com

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
I have a Fito Modena GT, and the tires are very fat, and don't allow for a chain to reach from the engine-sprocket to the wheel-sprocket. I could move my sprocket adapter to the left, but then the sprocket on my engien would not line up.

How would one offset the engine sprocket? I

Here's a diagram:

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
20170625_230349.jpg
20170625_230407.jpg
off set the whole motor,my bike has 3 inch tires,i off set my motor to the chain side,then used my suziki 60 chamber to balance it out to the other side.i just welded in mounts to do the off set

Last edited:

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i found some off set mounts aftermarket that allow 5/8 off set a while back,im looking for them now.i just thought of something,i should be able to make some that will be bolt on and adjustable,they would be made from steel though

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
One option is to switch to a BMX chain. I did that because the bulky 415 was hitting the rear tire. Just make sure you get a strong one, I got a wippermann Connex 1R8 Nickel Reinforced chain--> http://www.connexchain.com/en/product/connex-1r8.html
Not only was the thinner BMX chain able to clear my tire, it seemed to pass through the engine sprocket with less drag. The only other solution is to get thinner tires or adjust your motor mount, even a small change can make a big difference.

Last edited:

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
the adjustable motor mounts are mentioned on ozark cruisers page,i just saw them on the ozark page,they are cnc aluminum and are NICE

Last edited:

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
Hey guys thanks for the replies.
I guess I forgot to mention that I've already purchased thinner tires and it works fine, but I wanted to switch back to the good old thick tires since they look so dang nice.

I definetely need quite a bit of clearance, a BMX chain would not do the trick although that is a good idea.

That's some nice welding work mike, but I definitely could not replicate anything like that. I'm currently using a manic mechanic motor mount. Where can I find these adjustable motor mounts? I couldn't find anything about an ozark cruiser page through google.