• I rarely wear a helmet when riding

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I just man it without one on

Votes: 22 11.1%

• Total voters

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I was watching a guy on a motor bike ride up to a hospital. He locked up his bike an went inside. He was not wearing a helmet. Something might be a bit strange, cause you might think he was headed in the right direction since he was not wearing a helmet.

OK one does not negate the other.

Reactions: Dan

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I've always told people helmets are only for cyclist who have brains worth protecting; idiots don't need helmets. True cyclist don't see helmetless riders as being cool; we see them as being stupid. Nearly 2/3 of cycling accidents are from falls and don't involve any contact with another vehicle, pedestrian, animal or object.

SirLurksAlot

Aug 20, 2021
Always. I got clipped by a car that was making a left turn from the oncoming lane, about 45yrs ago on my Harley CRTT Sprint - landed head-first on the curb. Shattered the shell of my Bell Star helmet. I came-to standing in the intersection, facing a very frustrated cop with words coming out of my mouth and no clue what had happened and no clue what I was saying... Cop said I'd been in an accident and talking gibberish for 10 minutes. Took almost a year to fully recover from the concussion...

I tend to think of helmet-less riding as an example of retroactive birth-control and/or evolution in action, ever since.